What do you guys use for your Antivirus Software?

Discussion in 'Security' started by cameronpalte, Mar 30, 2014.

1. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Member

Hey Everyone,
    I was just curious to know what you guys use as your Antivirus software so that I could find out if there are any antivirus softwares out there which are better then the one I currently use. I personally use AVG 2014 Free Edition. What software do you guys use and what do you see as the pros and cons.

2. Clanky

Clanky New Member

I currently use Avast. There's no anti virus out there which can stop every virus as it's more than easy today to hide your virus from every AV, but as I got the internet security it checks for the behaviour of the software, not only for heuristics. So it's pretty safe. I used to have Kaspersky a while ago but I only heard good things about Avast.

3. Chris_A

Chris_A New Member

Microsoft Security Essentials is one of my favorites. It is small, works well in the background and does not detect false positives quite as often as other Antivirus software does. A really niece little application in my opinion and highly recommended.

4. Ahriman

Ahriman Member

Avast is what I have been using for years, works pretty well.

5. jlynn71

jlynn71 New Member

Avast. It is free and you can buy the upgraded version. I believe it to be the best, if I find something better, I'll use it, but this one is great, Updates are constant and I have never had anything take over and require a reboot since I have had it. The last time I visited a computer repair shop (maybe 3 years ago), the Microsoft certified team there recommended Avast, and were using it. I had found it about 4 years before this, and I felt better knowing they used it as well. I have heard good things about AVG, but never used it.

6. thebeardlesswonder

thebeardlesswonder New Member

I agree wit this. Its free, it works well and it doesn't nag you to buy it every few seconds like other AVs.