What do you HATE about Windows 8?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by themarksquared, May 22, 2013.

1. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

Hello awesome people!

There's no such thing as a perfect product. No matter how hard we try to see the good in these products there's always that one thing which makes you want to burn and destroy it. There's always that annoying thing which pretty much destroys the experience for us.

Today, I would like to ask you, what do you hate about the Windows 8? Is it the lack of a Start button? The Metro UI?

Feel free to share! Let's discuss!

2. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

Well one thing gets me angry. I use 2 monitors and when it comes to crossing the mouse between them - the point at where it splits. It will prompt me with the metro sidebars. It's pretty rare and I'm sure there is a fix but I'm just to lazy to find it.

3. Nabs Hamid

Nabs Hamid Member

If there is something I'd have to hate about Windows 8; the fact that we need a Microsoft live account to make a user to login. But overall, I love Windows 8.

4. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

I haven't tried it but can't you just create a local login account?

5. kdlt

kdlt Member

I try to avoid my Windows 8 desktop as much as possible. I play D&D online and so I need to have two pdfs, Skype and a website open all at once. Switching between pdfs is horrible! I had to keep reopening the different ones and it was just a real pain. I don't know if I was just doing something or what, but that's by far been my biggest annoyance about Windows 8 (aside from the fact that I don't find the UI intuitive.)

6. rage35

rage35 Member

For those people who are use to the old desktop interface, they will most likely complain about the new interface of Windows 8. Practically, Windows 8 I think is designed for touch monitors and tablets. It's more convenient to use it over touch devices but difficult for those PCs that make use of a mouse. That's what I observed from customers who have Windows 8.

I joined a product presentation from Microsoft here in our country and there's no possible way according to the speaker to bring back the old start button from the previous desktop experience. But overall, Windows 8 is such a very good product.

7. kdlt

kdlt Member

Rage35: I totally agree with you. It's so great on my mom's Windows phone but there's just nothing enjoyable about it on a regular ol' desktop. If I had a touch screen, I probably wouldn't be so annoyed with it all of the time. The missing Start button is a little jarring at first, too, but you do get used to it. I can't wait for them to get the next OS out.