What do you love about Windows 8?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by themarksquared, May 21, 2013.

1. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

Microsoft's Windows 8 and its consumers have a love-hate relationship about their newest OS. Sometimes, we can find cool features which enhances our love for the controversial OS. On the other hand, we find annoyances which makes us hate the OS more.

In this thread, I would like to ask you - what do you LOVE about Windows 8?

Let me start the discussion. Truth be told, I love the Metro UI. It's eye-candy for me. I like seeing big-ass tiles rather than icons for my programs. I love the live tiles constantly updating me if I have a new email.

How about you? Feel free to post. Let's discuss!

2. rage35

rage35 Member

Yes. It's the same in here. I also like the interface which continuously updating if there are new mails which makes it easier for me to know if I have a new mail and there's no need for me to go to the website and log-in if I have a new mail. It's far more convenient and makes your work much faster since Windows 8 is very fast windows comparing from the previous ones.

3. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

I freaking love the live-updating tiles! As you said, it makes me very efficient because I can just check on the Metro UI if I have a new e-mail, instead of going to gmail.com to check. It's also useful when it comes to sports because I can just check the scores of the game I'm following through the live-tile.

4. Seiryu

Seiryu Member

Minesweeper Adventure mode. Hands down.
    Alright, maybe not, but I like how intuitively implemented the new Start Menu, especially when you take touch controls into account. Windows 8, to me, stands out as a much better OS for a laptop or mobile device than a home computer because of the touch implementation. Also, playing Civilization V on a touch screen is just too much fun! Gimmicky, but fun!

5. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

I concede to such statement. I was really shocked when I tried out the game for the first time. Damn, it was so fun!

6. AvalonX

AvalonX New Member

I love right clicking in where the start button is. You basically get every navigational point you are looking for, control panel, run line. The metro sucks though, I can't stand it.

7. lindbergh

lindbergh Love's Android!

I just started using Windows 8 this week and I loved its slick style and fast startup. Yes, I get a little bit confused when looking for things that I need because of the different layout. I also love the Windows App store. It has the potential to be something big. However, most of the apps there are optimized for touch screen devices. I hope that they would put a separate category for apps optimized for Laptops and PC.