What Graphics Software Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Applications' started by danealegana, May 15, 2013.

1. danealegana

danealegana Member

I have been using Photoshop for my simple graphics but one time when I was on vacation, I never brought my laptop with me and I remembered that I commited a mistake on the logo for my site.
    All I have were online backups of the files.
    So, I went to an Internet Cafe and downloaded GIMP and checked for online tutorials just to start my logo from scratch and I was impressed with the outcome.
    Now, I am also using GIMP alongside Photoshop for some features I know I could do with the other software but can not do on the other one.

So, what Graphic Softwares are using guys?

2. EdenSB

EdenSB Member

I used to use Fireworks MX, because that's what a friend used and he taught me some of the basics. I've tried out Photoshop in a class, but I never liked the interface much. I've used GIMP and found it to be fairly easy and use and of course, free.

These days, I mostly just used Paint though.

3. rashidckk

rashidckk Member

I also use Photoshop commonly for my graphic works. Sometimes I also prefer coreldraw. Simple graphic works are done by MS paint itself.

4. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

I use Photoshop for simple photo-editing. I'm a newbie when it comes to graphics design so I rather not touch that topic since I don't have any hints of having artistic talents. It's such a sad story, I know.

5. fermlour

fermlour Member

I use photoshop and ilustrator for some things, I think photoshop is a very complete program and I think the only problem it, at least on my pc it is taking so long to open.
    He also takes to open in your pc?

6. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

Photoshop exclusively. Can't get enough of the 5 minute youtube videos that allow you to create crazy stuff!

7. Camo75

Camo75 New Member

Yep I also use Photoshop. It's hard to get the hang of at first but after a few tries, you can soon grasp how to use it properly. Now I love it. Also if you don't want to pay for anything GIMP is a good software too.

8. Ariel

Ariel New Member

My favorite graphics editing software is Photoshop. I've tried GIMP, but I didn't think the tools were as versatile and I've used PaintShop Pro for quick editing because I don't like having to wait for Photoshop to load.

9. chironex

chironex New Member

Before I got a copy of Photoshop, I used GIMP pretty frequently. It got the job done for the most part but obviously Photoshop is tons better. The features available in Photoshop CS5 (my version) are above and beyond anything offered by GIMP.

Gimp is a good starter program, though.

10. kdlt

kdlt Member

Like EdenSB, I usually use Adobe Fireworks! My graphic design friends think I'm weird but I love the user interface. Everything just makes sense. If I was doing serious design or drawing, though, I definitely would pick something else (probably Photoshop or SAI.)

11. catwalker90

catwalker90 New Member

I use Photoshop, I know it the best and it always works properly. I tried using GIMP at one point, but it always stopped responding and didn't do what I wanted it to.

12. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Member

I use a combination of Photoshop, Fireworks and Illustrator for pretty much everything. I love Fireworks for creating web graphics and other web UI elements. Photoshop however, has better masking, color correcting and selection tools, as well as layer style options, so I will jump over to that as well. I use Illustrator for all my complex vector editing, since Photoshop is atrocious for working with vector shapes and Fireworks is limited.

13. ozadin

ozadin Member

I recently started using Photoshop. I know the basics already, and it's pretty simple to black out text and blur images, lol, but other than that, I still have a lot to learn. Before Photoshop, I was using a free alternative, GIMP, which most people said already.

14. mvpmkpr

mvpmkpr Member

I don't really do that much graphics work, but I use Paint.NET. It's basically a more dumbed down version of Photoshop. I can use it to do simple edits, which is all I do so the software is fine by me. I wish the UI was a bit better though.

15. ebby23

ebby23 New Member

I started using Photoshop about 5 years ago. I've basically taught myself everything I know about the software. When I get stuck on things and want to improve my skills, I would use YouTube as a reference. I am pretty good at creating simple graphics.

16. Chris_A

Chris_A New Member

Photoshop is a favorite of mine as well. If you couple it with a tablet, you can create some awesome pieces of concept art, if you have the skill required. It also has some very nice editing features for pictures and such.

17. useruseruser

useruseruser Member

I don't like GIMP. I've found that the application is very hard to use and unintuitive. I would choose PhotoShop over GIMP any day. I understand that PhotoShop is expensive but it is definitely worth it.

18. NiaIsabelle

NiaIsabelle New Member

I mainly use Adobe Photoshop CS6 for my graphic designs and Adobe Illustrator. I know that Adobe products are very expensive but they are worth every penny. I don't use other kind of softwares since they are a bit rough and Photoshop is really the only thing that did it for me. Photoshop has lots of uses and I'm really thankful that a software like Adobe Photoshop exist at our time today.