What is one iOS app you couldn't do without?

Discussion in 'iOS' started by rosemaryzephyr, May 24, 2013.

1. rosemaryzephyr

rosemaryzephyr New Member

Setting aside email apps, browser and anything else that came in the box. I think the one app I use the most is Evernote. I use it to keep track of to do lists, recipes, articles I want to save or read in the future. And everything is tagged and organized into notebooks with a highly sortable system.

What is your iOS app you couldn't do without?

2. ozadin

ozadin Member

eBooks. I open that app everyday to read my PDFs that I have stored on it. It's much simpler than a kindle or whatever reader since you can read multiple things including PDFs which is a.big plus for me. Other than that, I have a few games I play about five times a week, but I can live without them.

3. rosemaryzephyr

I use the iBooks app very frequently too, for PDFs as well as books. I really like being able to make highlights and notes on ebooks and return to them later. I was hesitant about using the iPad as an e-reader because I wasn't sure if the backlight would bother me, but it turned out to be much less of an issue than I expected.

4. Arkayde

Arkayde New Member

Puffin Browser. There's always some flash content on the internet that Safari cannot access, but this browser can. The UI is also simple and user-friendly, which is another thing that I like about it.

5. Nabs Hamid

Nabs Hamid Member

That'd have to be iFunny. I can't go more than two days without looking at some of their pictures (yea I know childish).

6. MCally92

MCally92 New Member

I don't know what I would do without my Reminders and iBooks apps. I use Reminders just about every day, because I am terrible at remembering things, and with this app I can just put the reminder in as soon as I hear about my meeting/deadline/whatever, and a convenient little reminder will pop up before I have to do that thing.

I couldn't do without my iBooks app either, I use it for both business and entertainment on a daily basis. It's so nice to be able to quickly pull up PDFs if I need them during the workday, and its also great having all my books there to read when I get time.

7. jesikat

jesikat New Member

I use Alien Blue daily for reddit. I like the layout even better than the actual web page. It's simple to use and doesn't suck up too much battery, syncs all the subreddits you're subscribed to flawlessly as well.

draalin likes this.
  8. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

When I had my iPhone, I'm pretty sure 90% of my time on it was using Alien Blue. Good Stuff.

9. daenerys

daenerys Member

I'll say podcasts since no one mentioned it yet. I fall asleep to one with a sleep timer pretty much every night. There's so many good shows on there, it's really one of my main sources of entertainment now. Nothing like putting on a mindless hack and slash type game and listening to a podcast too.

10. fermlour

fermlour Member

The app I use most on my iphone 3g is Facebook, as I have free internet anywhere gives me much like to be able to keep abreast of the news.

11. rosemaryzephyr

Interesting, as I've been looking for a browser to substitute Safari for a little while. Have you ever tried Mercury? I tried that for a bit because I found it faster and preferred the tabbed browsing. However, I stopped using it because I could never launch it from external apps - like if I wanted to open a URL in Facebook/Twitter/feed reader/email etc. it would always launch Safari.

12. Arkayde

Arkayde New Member

Just tried Mercury, for like 5 minutes. Seemed to be a good browser but it started crashing and I uninstalled it. :|

I'll just stick to Puffin, since it works pretty well and has flash(haven't checked if Mercury has flash support).

About that external launch thing, I guess that's normal since these browsers are considered apps, the only "real" browser being Safari.

13. Seiryu

Seiryu Member

Since a lot of the essentials have been mentioned, I'd like to mention an app that I can live without, but would much rather not. The app is a weather App called Solar, but it's the first weather app I've seen that not only gives me a stylish representation of the weather and temperature, but also gives me predictions as to around what time the weather systems will set in. Maybe if you live in a sunny area, this isn't as useful, but living in a city known for rain and bad weather, it's kept me dry several times!

14. shloka

shloka New Member

For me it has to be ibooks. I read books on Ibooks daily for half an hour before going to bed. Hard to imagine i could do without that app.

15. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Member

I commonly listen to music with my iPod so if I had to pick one app that I wouldn't be able to do without it would definitely have the be music app.