What is the most expensive app you have bought?

Discussion in 'Android' started by burnty, May 20, 2013.

1. burnty

burnty New Member

I'm interested to see how many people actually buy apps that cost a bit more than a few dollars. So what's the most expensive app you've bought? Personally I haven't even bought an app on android. And on IOS the most expensive was like 3€ for a game.

2. lindbergh

lindbergh Love's Android!

The most expensive app that I have bought is Virtua Tennis. I think that it cost me about $4.99. Most of the apps that I purchase are only worth $0.99. Lol. As much as possible, I try to keep my app purchases at a minimum. When I cannot find a free app that suits my needs, that's the time that I would get a premium app.

3. Nabs Hamid

Nabs Hamid Member

Surprising enough, my most expensive app was free! I never actually payed for an app on my iOS devices, I jailbreak them, then get the games for free.

4. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

I ended up buying Trillian long long time ago. I think it was $4.99.

5. lindbergh

lindbergh Love's Android!

Call the cops!

Just kidding. Good for you. Jailbreaking your iOS phone could really give you a lot of benefits. Same as rooting for Android. The only disadvantage is that you won't get any updates if you do this and you run the risk of having your phone bricked.

6. burnty

burnty New Member

Yeah my Ipod touch 2g is jailbroken now as well, only way to keep a lot of apps running on it sadly enough...

7. rage35

rage35 Member

I don't really need to buy expensive applications because there are a lot of applications on the internet that you can download and install to your android devices or in any smart phone devices you have for free. I don't want to spend money on apps as much as possible.

8. PurpleGuardian

PurpleGuardian Member

The most I've spent on an app was GTA for $1.99. I ususally won't buy an app unless it is on sale. Most apps I get are free or around one dollar.

9. jordan0795

jordan0795 New Member

I rarely buy apps for anything. I've never bought any apps on my android phone at all. It just doesn't seem worth it to me because I usually get bored of phone games fairly quickly and end up never playing them again.

10. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Member

FoxFi, a tethering app. I think it was like $5.99 or something like that, but well worth it if it is going to save me money when I am away from home travelling - as opposed to paying $10-$12 a day at hotels and airports for temporary access.

11. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

I don't usually download a lot of apps on my phone, however, I do download one of the textbooks on my tablet. The e-textbook is required to use in my class, which is the basic Optometry e-textbook. It is quite expensive though, which is around $199. That's the most expensive app I have ever downloaded and paid for.

12. lovemwaf

lovemwaf New Member

I bought whatsapp for a dollar and i will never regret that. Whatsapp is one of the best apps available out there and i absolutely love to use it and when mine expired i pretty much had no choice but to buy it and i will never really regret it.

13. TheViper

TheViper Member

The most money I've spent on a app was about $5. It was for a football game and I don't regret purchasing it. This game lets me get pass the boring lectures in class.

14. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

I don't see the point to spend my money in Android apps when there are too many free apps.

Besides I don't use my table on a daily basis but rarely hence, why should I need to buy an app?

15. TheViper

TheViper Member

I don't really believe spending more than $5 on one app. It just seems silly to spend so much money on a app that you will probably stop using after a few months.

16. samkostka

samkostka New Member

I find the whole attitude that apps are expensive kind of funny. I mean, the same people that say this go out and buy a coffee for 5 bucks like it's nothing, but a $5 app seems to cost a fortune. And Angry Birds Space, a $1 app, sell for 40 bucks on 3DS and XBone.

I don't keep track of apps I've bought, if I see something I like I just buy it, no problem. Most expensive was probably around $7.

17. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

OH NO!!! I could not help it and finally decided to buy a costly app for my tablet this Christmas... it cost me $0.01, which is truly expensive to me, someone in love with freebies and freeware :D

18. Aditya Kulkarni

Aditya Kulkarni New Member

I have almost the same situation like you! It is maybe because of this reason that I tried buying one of the powerful music applications on Android, but unfortunately, for my country, paying via Google Play Store was not allowed! :(
    But there are some pretty fantastic apps around for which I can afford to spend some few dollars! :)

19. MyNameIsAlex

MyNameIsAlex New Member

I've only ever paid money for one Android app, and that was My Backup Pro. It got to the point where I didn't feel comfortable using an alternative and the time and hassle it would save me was worth the money I paid (I can't remember how much it was, but it wasn't much). The only other apps I would consider paying for would be a decent game that I knew I was going to make good use of. Everything else is (for me) pretty much doable with free software.

20. Linkzelda41

Linkzelda41 New Member

HF Scientific Calculator Pro is probably the most expensive app I’ve bought so far for my Samsung Galaxy Discover. Honestly, without this little gem, keeping a nice estimation of grocery inventory would be fairly difficult. Especially since I have to deal with carts where there’s no proper resting area to constantly shift back and forth to crossing items off and then using another paper to calculate the prices.

It definitely helps me stick to the budget and not find myself having to take a few items out because I have no money for it. There’s nothing worse than having to make the employees carry random items back just because I couldn’t keep track of the price totality.

Best investment I’ve made into something of productive use thus far.