What made the Vista bad?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by themarksquared, May 24, 2013.

1. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

Good day, draalinists.

The infamous Windows Vista has been considered by some people as THE worst operating system Microsoft has ever made. It has received a lot of hate, even reaching to the point that some people I know decided to boycott any Microsoft product.

Unfortunately, I cannot answer this question because I have never tried the Vista, due to the bad rep. I'm a very curious man, so I've decided to ask this question on a technology-based forum.

Without further ado, my question for you is what made the Windows Vista bad?

Feel free to share. Thank you!

2. lindbergh

lindbergh Love's Android!

I never used Vista on my home computers too. Even our office does not have Vista installed. You could only find Windows XP and Windows 8. Some of my friends have tried it though and they said that it was an overpriced piece of crap. The interface was okay, but upgrading from XP to Vista was a pain. It also had lapses in security which made it an easy target for malware. And there were a lot of compatibility issues when it came to programs.

3. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

Kinda funny that none of us tried Vista. I'm sure we'll fine one person who used it though! :D

4. Nabs Hamid

Nabs Hamid Member

I tried Vista, I actually had it 2 days after it's launch.

I believe it being slow is what makes me hate it. But I really love the designs and what-not.

5. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

I would like to ask a question. Overall, how bad was the Vista? As far as I know, design-wise, it looks similar to the Windows 7. Thanks!

6. EdenSB

EdenSB Member

I actually have Vista on my laptop (not due to choice). Here's why I think it's bad:

Most the time that I launch a piece of software that didn't come with Windows Vista, it asks my permission to open it in an annoying pop-up box. I think this was called UAC and is possible to disable, but not for the average user.

It seems to be slower than other OS on the same hardware, I've heard this is due to being resource-hungry.

It wasn't compatible with a lot of software at first, until the software was updated.

themarksquared likes this.
  7. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

This is hilarious. If you check the Windows Vista sub-forum, I have created two threads there. The first one is this one, while the second one is a thread I made asking on what made the Windows Vista good. Unsurprisingly, a lot of people have replied to this thread while no one answered on the other thread. Quite funny, but sad at the same because it makes me think that Vista had nothing good with it :p.

8. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

Haha that is pretty funny. But so true... :giggle: Wasn't the whole UAC another part of what made Vista pretty terrible? A ton of people couldn't figure out permissions after coming from XP.

9. rashidckk

rashidckk Member

Yes, you are right. Vista is considered as the worst OS. Many people complained that Vista made their system and chance of crashing was so high. Like you, I also never tried Vista because of negative reviews. After releasing Windows 7, Microsoft regained reputation.

10. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

I guess the bad reputation of the operating system really affected its sales. I agree with you, Windows 7 was Microsoft's savior. I'm quite glad they were able to figure out their sh*t together with the OS. Windows 7 is my second favorite OS, just next to Windows 8. I'm not one of the Windows H8ters.

11. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

The UAC was an annoying factor, but I am sure their was a was a way to disable it also I never really gave Vista a chance because to me Windows XP was perfect and Vista had so many bugs and I also I think the start up time was slightly longer on vista, but the problem I had was some games just would not work right with Vista.

12. caparica007

caparica007 Member

I never had a laptop with Windows Vista, but I have dealt with quite a few. First thing that comes to mind is that they are very slow. A lot of little things opening that are good for nothing and that is a time waster and useless resource consumptions. Other than that it gives a lot of trouble with wireless and VPN, at least at my job.

13. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

I can agree that Vista was the worst OS that Microsoft ever produced. It had a lot of bugs which made it an easy target for malware. I think this is the reason they had to release Windows 7 faster to cover up for Vista mistakes.

14. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Member

It is a decent operating system and it worked. The problem is just compared to non Vista microsoft operating systems it did not work nearly as well. More so on top of that, it just didn't have the same advantages. I wouldn't necessarily call it a horrible operating system, just not as good as the rest.