What made Vista good?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by themarksquared, May 24, 2013.

1. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

Good day, draalinists

A few hours ago, I asked a question on what made the infamous Windows Vista bad. As of this writing, I've received a few insightful comments on why they thought the operating system sucked. Some said that it was due to security issues, while others mentioned that it was due to the lack of driver support.

This time, let's go to the positive side of life. I would like to ask you on what made Windows Vista good? What innovations did it provide for the PC world?

Feel free to share!

EdenSB likes this.
  2. EdenSB

EdenSB Member

*Tumbleweed flies past*

---

I'm kidding. :p

I'm certainly not a fan of Windows Vista for reasons mentioned in your other thread, but it's not all bad. This is a good question since it rarely gets asked.

Windows Vista was said to be more secure than Windows XP. There were apparently less new threats for it than XP per month. This could just be due to no-one changing to Vista though.

Windows Vista looked quite nice. I personally prefer the simplicity of Windows XP or the design of Windows 7, but Windows Vista was a big improvement to some people visually.

The search feature was much, much faster. Windows Vista worked by indexing everything and letting you search by that index.

UAC (the annoying pop up permission box) is actually useful if you share a computer and set a password to it. I certainly could've used it to stop my little sister from installing anything she downloaded from the Internet, without virus scanning or knowing about the source.

themarksquared likes this.
  3. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

To be honest I don't think their is to much I actually did like about Widows Vista besides the interface I never really gave Vista a try only reason why I had it was because it came installed with my laptop and only kept it for not even a week before I downgraded back down to Windows XP.

4. caparica007

caparica007 Member

The only thing I like in Vista are all those things on the desktop that showed time, temperature and so on. I would like that if it didn't make the computer even slower that it is.

5. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

Oh yea I remember those widgets those actually slowed down your computer if I remembered correctly I just turn them off because I had no use for them.

6. caparica007

caparica007 Member

They have no practical use, but it's funny to know what temperature you have where you are and in other countries and so on. It was a good idea, but it should be consuming less resources...

7. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

I have that widget on Windows 7 I don't use it much, but it comes in handy if I miss the news or something I also use to use a TV guide one as well.

8. caparica007

caparica007 Member

I still have Windows XP on my old laptop and I am always running msconfig to see what I can disable to make it a little faster, so accessory things for me are out of the question.

9. Sly14Cat

Sly14Cat Member

Well uh, nothing.

10. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

Sorry, I could not add anything good to say about Windows Vista.

I remember myself really excited because of the wallpapers looking good quality, perhaps some of the best that Microsoft has ever included with an operating system.

Other than this, as soon as I began to have issues with Vista I had to figure out how to downgrade to XP because Vista was so annoying that I would never ever use it again. Sort of what happened with Windows ME, another operating system than sucked failing to surpass Windows 98SE, so far the best OS that Microsoft has released along with XP.

11. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Member

Windows Vista I think was improved over Windows XP, however, it just did not have some of the same features that you would expect from the next generation Microsoft operating system. I thought that Windows 7 was an amazing improvement over Vista and while it was a decent operating system there were just some features I wish it would have that it didn't.