What version of Android are you using?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Symthic, Jun 2, 2013.

1. Symthic

Symthic Member

I'm currently using Gingerbread 2.3.6 and I'm curious to see what you guys are running. Are you using Jelly bean, ICS, Honeycomb, etc... I don't really mind having a Gingerbread phone because the only thing that really disappoints me about it is the lack of music controls on the lock screen. Other than that, most features are just aesthetic and I can get by without them.

2. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Member

Ice Cream Sandwich on my Droid Bionic. It took them over a year to finally get it on it and fix a number of major problems with the phone. Prior to that, my phone could barely hold a data connection, and was constantly being disconnected. I guess it had something to do with it losing authentication as it would switch between 3G and 4G.

3. Protojunkie

Protojunkie Member

I'm stucked with a 2.1 on my chinese tablet and I don't have any way of upgrading it.

4. lindbergh

lindbergh Love's Android!

My device is currently using Android Jellybean. I find it fairly stable and fast. I don't really know what the advantages of Jellybean over the other versions are. All I know is that it's the latest version so I guess it's the best out there right now. Lol.

5. PurpleGuardian

PurpleGuardian Member

I think I have the most recent 4.2 update. Jellybean I think. I'm not sure but I know I have the most recent update for the Droid 4. Can't remember the exact number.

6. jmoore93

jmoore93 New Member

I'm on the 4.1.2 version of Jellybean for right now. My handset is the Galaxy S3. I'm not a big fan of the Samsung version of the OS, and will probably switch to an alternative ROM once I get around to rooting the phone itself.

I'm a little upset with the 4.1.2 update - it made all of my 3rd party SMS apps stop working, and for almost a week after the update MMS wouldn't work at all, regardless of app.

7. TheComputer

TheComputer New Member

I run Android 4.2 Jelly Bean on my Nexus 7. I love it. It runs like a dream and it's got some awesome features.

8. rashidckk

rashidckk Member

I am stuck on Ice Cream Sandwich. There's no further updates available with my phone. I am waiting for some funds to buy a new budget smartphone with Android JellyBean.

9. altrouge

altrouge Member

My phone runs on Jelly Bean right now, I have a Samsung Galaxy S3. I'm considering getting a new one soon though.

10. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

My phone runs the Android 4.3, which by far the latest version of the Android operating system. It has improved a lot over any of the previous Android operating system version because the customization is much better. I think any version above Android 4.1 is very good because the phones run smoother and faster.

11. Haleigh

Haleigh New Member

I'm running Jellybean and it's run smoothly so far. I do miss Gingerbread, but only because the dessert is one of my absolute favorites! :D

12. TheViper

TheViper Member

My android currently runs on Jelly Bean also. There hasn't been any big issues with the OS thus far. I really hope that they pick up on these software updates though.

13. RedNeckJiuJitsu

RedNeckJiuJitsu New Member

This is the boat I'm in, too, except I have ICS. I don't think my tablet is gonna keep working too much longer, though, as the charger port is increasingly unstable and I burned out the USB port charging it from a cell phone wall-wart.

14. jumair

jumair New Member

im run with jelly been on my own Samsung galaxy s3. its running smoothly

15. hiddenwolf

hiddenwolf New Member

Right now my Samsung Galaxy S4 is running 4.4.4. Sadly my Samsung Note 10.1 is still stuck on 4.1.2. I heard a rumor that Samsung will be updating the old models soon. But that was 6 months ago so its not likely.

16. Beautyspin

Beautyspin New Member

I have an Xperia Z1 and surprisingly it is getting updated regularly, in fact far more regularly than the competition, and currently I am on Android 4.4.4. I am waiting eagerly for an update to 5 (lollipop) this quarter. I am pretty sure Sony will be at the forefront of updating this currently "not a flagship" phone.