What was your first Mac ?

Discussion in 'Mac' started by LittleOne, Dec 2, 2013.

1. LittleOne

LittleOne New Member

Hello Mac lovers !

What was your first Mac ? Mine was a Powerbook 180c : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PowerBook_180
    Man, I loved this little laptop, it had a great color screen (back then it was quite rare !)
    I'm so sad I had to sell it years ago.

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

I never had a Mac, but I had an Atari ST that used the same processor that the Mac computers used then, a Motorola 6800 if my memory serves me good.

The Atari ST had not only the same processor, but also the same desktop, keyword shortcuts and the like and, yes, it was also great displaying and creating graphics and accepted Mac games, that were then in a diskette format.

3. TheViper

TheViper Member

One time I received a free Powerbook from my friend. I never used it and eventually gave it gave it back to him. Then I went to a Apple store and tried out one of the Macbooks. I didn't like it and bought a custom PC.

4. bsge11

bsge11 New Member

Mine was the macbook 2006 model, white. Really ran well for the last 7 years and really helped me out. I now have the macbook retina and hopefully will be using that for a while.

5. ColonelMustard

ColonelMustard New Member

I'm still using my first Mac at the moment!

It's the late 2009 27 inch iMac and although almost 4,5 years passed since I bought it, it's still functioning very well. I updated the RAM though, from 4gb to 14gb. The only thing that is really starting to be a bottleneck for me is my graphics card (ATI Radeon 4850), Sadly I can't open my iMac and just replace it...:p

But I'm still very happy with this machine and the huge screen keeps amazing me (yes even after 4 years).

6. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Member

My first Mac was a Macbook Pro - relatively recent actually. I am still using it but only because I need to occasionally test stuff or run stuff that only works on a Mac. I personally am not a big fan of Macs myself and for normal use prefer to use my PC anyway.

7. Dez97

Dez97 New Member

I haven't had one as yet, but I do want a mac book pro, I'm saving for it so much.

8. musicmonster

musicmonster New Member

My first Mac was a 21.5-inch 2011 iMac. I still use until today and it's faster than ever. No regret at all.