What's New?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X' started by Seiryu, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Seiryu

Seiryu Member

So, I was a Mac user for the entirety of Leopard and Snow Leopard, but after that, my iMac kinda phased out, and I never got the Lion and up updates. Recently, I've been looking into getting a new Apple Machine, and I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on a brief summary of all the new features.
    Off the top of my head, I remember being told about a lot of Social Media integration, a new message system and LaunchPad, though I don't really know much at all about them.

2. daenerys

daenerys Member

I don't think much is so wildly different that you'll be lost. I've never used the social media integration much, you can send photos to Facebook from iPhoto, and post to Twitter from the notification bar on the side, I think. Which reminds me there's a new notification bar on the right, that keeps up with all of your notifications. Messages is basically just iChat but also lets you iMessage to iPhones and iPads, but also you can still Gchat and all that. Launchpad just scours your system for apps, and puts them all in an somewhat-similar-to-iOS organization for quick access. There is also Mission Control, which is basically just a more organized version of exposé. I'm sure there's more things I'm forgetting, but that probably covers most of the important features.