Which do you have - Windows or Mac?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by lindbergh, May 10, 2013.

1. lindbergh

lindbergh Love's Android!

I have 1 desktop, one laptop, and one netbook. All of them are using Windows operating system. Aside from some security issues, I like Windows. I have never tried using a Mac. The people who use Macs tell me that the OS is amazing. What operating system do you use? Have you tried a Mac?

2. maurovis

maurovis New Member

I'm a little spoiled because I have both, I've got a desktop that's an HP but my laptop is a Macbook Pro. Between the two I have to agree Mac is leaps and bounds from Windows.

3. lindbergh

lindbergh Love's Android!

Lucky you. When I see some guy using a stylish MacBook, I sometimes get envious. If not for the high price, I would have gotten one already. I'm a bit curious though. What makes Mac a lot better than Windows?

4. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

Currently running Windows 8 on my Desktop/Laptop. All of my servers are running Ubuntu Server 12.04.

Honestly, I think Mac books are a waste of money, hardware might be nice but Apple's operating systems just want me to throw up. I'd go use FreeBSD/NetBSD before using their operating system.

5. BlackChi

BlackChi New Member

All of my gadgets run on Windows OS. Maybe its a loyalty thingy, but I've never ever thought of using anything else other than Windows. I've heard of good feedback coming from users and all but I'd still settle for Windows. Only my desktop is running on Windows XP since I'm very used to this. Originally this was a Windows Vista but decided to downgrade to XP for gaming purposes. :)

6. EdenSB

EdenSB Member

I use Windows. At home I use Windows 7, on my laptop I use Windows Vista (it came with the laptop! It wasn't my choice!) and at work I use Windows XP (because Korea still uses it as the standard and a lot of software won't work on later versions).

I've tried an old Mac once, but I couldn't get around the operating system. Perhaps it's just because I've been using Windows since 3.1 and their lack of game compatibility, but I don't like Mac, despite how stylish they like.

7. danealegana

danealegana Member

I have Windows 7 installed on one PC and Ubuntu on my other machine. I have never used any Mac OS before so I can not say anything about it. For security, I really dont have any problems with Ubuntu, since a lot of viruses where meant for Windows so my Windows 7 machine is my main concern for security. With my Ubuntu machine I just installed an antivirus named ClamAV and Ofris, a Deep Freeze like application for Ubuntu.

draalin likes this.
  8. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

Oh god you said deep freeze! I made the mistake of installing that on my computer for some stupid reason 5-6 years ago when I was bored. NEVER AGAIN :eek:

I wish I knew what prompted me to even think about installing it. But apparently it just straight up broke my computer. Boot time went from a minute or so (this was long time ago) to 10-15 minutes.

danealegana likes this.
  9. danealegana

danealegana Member

Yeah, I also experienced that with Deep Freeze and slow boot loading and sometimes, which I really hate the most, Blue Screen Of Death.

Good thing I found a better alternative for Deep Freeze on my Windows Machine, it is Shadow Defender.

10. fermlour

fermlour Member

I also use windows 7 on my laptop, rather liked to test the mac but I think it's a little tricky, besides being very expensive!

11. rashidckk

rashidckk Member

My desktop has both Windows 7 and Ubuntu 11. But I never tried Mac OS. In my opinion windows gives you better user friendly interface and usage when compared with other operating systems.

12. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

Windows user all the way! Honestly speaking, I like the Macintosh and its OS due to its sleek design and looks, but when it comes to reliability and functionality, in my opinion, Windows stands out. I'll tell you this though, I'm a very adventurous guy, so I'm more than willing to try out a Mac if someone would kindly donate me one.

(I'm kidding)

13. Camo75

Camo75 New Member

I've got a Windows PC running Windows 7.

The only reason I'm not keen on using a Macintosh is because I have no idea how to use it! The thing with Windows is I know it pretty much inside and out but making a change to Mac would be quite a shock to my system!

14. burnty

burnty New Member

All the PC's I've owned have been windows. I like gaming so windows is an obvious choice since getting games for mac is much harder. I would have considered mac for a laptop to work on if they weren't so expensive though.

15. Asparagus

Asparagus New Member

I have a Mac, but I use PCs on a regular basis. In my opinion, OSX is definitely better. It's very intuitive and causes much less problems than windows. Ii haven't ever gotten a virus on it, and it's going just as well as when I got it. The only advantage I think windows has is that many more games play on it.

16. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

I've only used Windows because I have never owned an Apple product. The greatest deal breaker for me when it comes to Apple is the high price tag. Honestly, I simply cannot afford to buy a Mac. It's too expensive.

As for my Windows experience, I'm currently using Windows 8, and I don't have any complaints about it.

17. ozadin

ozadin Member

I use Windows 7, and I have never tried a Mac before. I feel that the desktops and laptops are extremely overpriced, and I don't want to waste money on it, when I could build a better computer for the same price.

18. MCally92

MCally92 New Member

I'm personally a Windows guy, and I use it on my old HP laptop still. I'm thinking about switching to Mac, as many of my family members use Macs, and from what I've seen they might better suite me for what I'll be needing tech-wise.

As ozadin mentioned above though, the price on Macs are extremely high compared to a PC, so I'm still not entirely sure about making the jump yet. Has anyone owned both, and if so could you make a recommendation? Switch to Mac, or upgrade my laptop?

19. Protojunkie

Protojunkie Member

I have a laptop with Windows 7 but I'm not really a Windows guy. I'm more a Linux user but currently I only use Linux on virtual machines (using Oracle's VirtualBox). I don't own a Mac but have used them before and I prefer Mac OS X over Windows.

I'm planning on getting a Mac. What has kept me from doing it is the price. I'm not saying Macs are over priced because the truth is that any high-end with similar specs of a Mac is on the same price range.

So to sum up, I'm a Linux guy who runs Windows 7 but wants to have a Mac.

20. Sypfii

Sypfii New Member

I have a Windows 7 computer, and honestly I can easily say that it's better than a Mac.