Which do you have - Windows or Mac?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by lindbergh, May 10, 2013.

1. Nabs Hamid

Nabs Hamid Member

I own Windows. I had a Mac before but I got rid of it because someone offered me good money for it. I'd rather windows over Mac any day.

2. professor0804

professor0804 New Member

I've always used Windows, But that's because I use my PC for Gaming alot, and Macs don't handle any game very well, with a Mac you're paying for the name, I'd rather spend money on functionality than aesthetics

3. hmol222

hmol222 New Member

I use windows, windows 7 and vista. However, I do like mac, its actually quite amazing when you get used to it as it is so different to the workings of windows. A few of my friends of have mac so I have learned a lot from them.

4. Protojunkie

Protojunkie Member

I have used Macs before and I think Mac OS X is an awesome OS, maybe the best from the user side. Also Macs have pretty good hardware.

I would never say that Windows 7 is better than Mac OS X.

5. rage35

rage35 Member

I haven't tried Mac because I prefer Windows. I am not closing my mind of using Mac but I am a user of Windows OS for quite some time already and I am already used with how this OS works. I don't have any idea how Mac works that's why I prefer Windows because I'm used on it already.

6. altrouge

altrouge Member

I have both, and with that I meant I have a MacBook Pro with Windows Bootcamp on it. I hope to build my own PC so I could just use this for class and not gaming, but I don't think it will be very soon. Pretty satisfied with it's performance still so..

7. mvpmkpr

mvpmkpr Member

Windows, because I have never had the money or the need to buy an Apple PC. I don't see the point since I am a gamer and most games come out for PC anyways. Though, Macs do look cool and the OS is super smooth looking, great for presentations. Also, the build quality of Macbooks is great.

8. wowtgp

wowtgp New Member

I have Windows because as a hardcore gamer, I had no choice but to buy a PC. Most of the video games never see the light of day on Mac systems. Also, Mac is more expensive than an average Windows PC. So, picking up a PC over Mac was a no-brainer for me.

9. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Member

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit on both my laptop and desktop computers. I really dislike Apple products, so I will never ever buy one of their computers. We used to have all Apple stuff at our house when I was growing up and I hated it. That's what finally drove me to buy my own computer.

10. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

I have a custom built gaming computer with widows 7 and XP, hackintosh, and a Toshiba laptop also with widows 7.

11. Jaxter

Jaxter New Member

I have both, but I mainly use the Windows PC (desktop) for my day to day activities and my Macbook Air when I am on the go. My Windows is more powerful so I do all my gaming and word processing on there.

I've grown up all my life on Windows so there was a bit of learning curve when I got my first Mac a little while ago but so far I am liking Macs as well. They both have their pros and cons and I do have to admit, my Macbook is sleek as hell!

When I first got my Mac, I had to google the simple things like copying and pasting because I was so used to ctrl c and ctrl v. I've come to find out that ctrl c and ctrl v doesn't exist on Macs and have to get used to using their "Command" function.

12. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

I rarely use the Mac OS the only time I use it is if I am doing a project in Final Cut Pro otherwise I never use it otherwise I would just remove the OS.

13. jlynn71

jlynn71 New Member

I think it depends on what you are interested in, what you use your computer for, how much you know about configuration. Windows is the most user friendly and common, so everything works with it. Although, Windows pretty much sucks and Microsoft are a bunch of jerks, just call customer service sometime and you'll see. Linux is by far the best OS I've ever tried, I just need to learn more about emulators and such. I have never tried a Mac, would like to. They are about 4x the cost but I have heard the OS is stable and not a broken work in progress like Windows is.

14. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuff New Member

I have an HP desktop and Toshiba laptop which both have Windows 7 installed, I also have an iPad. I think the reason I never went Mac for anything other than my tablet is only because I am unfamiliar with it. I have never had a Macbook and I'm so comfortable with Windows at this point I have no desire or reason to change.

15. pebblesxo

pebblesxo New Member

I've tried using Mac and sure it's pretty but I prefer sticking to Windows OS. I have a Windows 7 netbook and couldn't be happier. I think what draws me to Windows is because it has this 'homey' kind of feel to it, it's more traditional, while Mac is just a bit pretentious? I don't know but that's how i see and differentiate both operating system.

16. Jojo83

Jojo83 New Member

All of the computers I have are Windows machines. I just couldn't afford those Mac machines. Windows machines have a lot of variety in software than Mac so there's an advantage right there. Macs have an exclusive and premium feel to it. Maybe when I become rich I can afford one or two... :D

17. hollysheats

hollysheats New Member

I have not tried a mac, but I have used almost all Windows operating systems. I am going to look into buying a Mac. I haven't really heard anything bad about them at all.

18. Joycelyn

Joycelyn New Member

I have windows. Because i think windows is very easy from MAC. I tell it from my 7 years experience. Thank you.