Which Mac do you have?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X' started by Asparagus, May 24, 2013.

1. Asparagus

Asparagus New Member

I have the early 2011 15" MacBook Pro base model. It's still going strong, and I love it! It is a really good computer. What Mac do you have?

2. catwalker90

catwalker90 New Member

I have a super old desktop (it still has a tower) that I never use. It's amazing it still even works it's got to be ten or more years old. I'm amazed Macs last so long, if it was a PC it would be long dead.

3. Asparagus

Asparagus New Member

I know. Macs really are very durable. Very happy with mine. When did you get yours?

4. daenerys

daenerys Member

I have a MacBook Air as my main general-use computer, it has Photoshop on it, etc. I also have a Mac Mini that's on a shelf under my TV, which a 3TB external drive connected to it, that I use as my media center. My Macs always network to each other easily, and they're all draft n wifi, so I can send files quickly. I really love my setup.

I have a desktop PC I built for gaming too, but I suppose that's not really part of your question...

5. debtheweb

debtheweb New Member

I have the macbook pro 13 inch. It is the perfect size for me as I am a student and I always take it to go for me, it's small enough for me to use it on the subway when I am cramming for an essay, but still light enough to not hurt my back. I love the battery life because it lasts me all day when I have a 9 hour schedule (i go to university). And I love taking it to my boyfriend's to study as well. I love that it syncs with my messages and that it is under warranty.

6. Seiryu

Seiryu Member

I haven't gotten a new mac in a few years, so I'm still rocking my old iMac desktop, and despite the fact that it's 2GB ram and 5 years old, it still runs fairly well to do mundane tasks and to act as my backup computer (I now use a higher-end windows laptop as my desktop replacement). I've been considering getting a new machine, but not too sure what I should go with... I have to say though, Macs age much better than Windows do..

7. TheComputer

TheComputer New Member

I have a 2011 MacBook Pro 13 inch. It's no longer my primary computer, but it's still a great, sturdy, reliable laptop with great performance and battery life. I use it for class and for programming all the time. I quite enjoy it and I plan on keeping it for a long time to come - but if I ever want to resell it I know I'll get a good deal on it because of Apple's high resell rates.

8. altrouge

altrouge Member

I have a Macbook Pro that I got 2 years ago. It was given to me as a gift and I'm hoping to use it for university soon. However as of the moment I am spending more time in my bootcamp partition playing games. Probably a bad idea, but it works fine for me so far. Would be replacing this though if I get the chance.