Which Windows OS did you use the most?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ozadin, Jun 7, 2013.

1. ozadin

ozadin Member

I personally think I used XP the most. I bought about 3 laptops a few years ago, 2 years apart, and they all had Windows XP. That means I've been using it for about 6 years. I made the switch to windows 7 about 2 years ago, so I still have a long way to go. How about you guys, which one did you use the most?

2. nightsparks

nightsparks Member

I was on 95 for several years. XP was next. That was definitely the version I spent the most time with. I've been with 7 since the beta (whenever that was) and haven't really looked back.

3. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

Probably Windows 7. I started using the release candidate soon as it was available.

4. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

I used a Windows XP desktop PC for about 4 years because my family was too poor at that time to buy a new computer haha. That old computer had one of the worst specs ever. Heck, I still even used an AGP video card!

5. Chunkaroonie

Chunkaroonie New Member

I suppose it would have to be Windows XP. I unfortunately made the switch to Vista though and tried to use it for a while but eventually went back to XP. I kind of feel the same way about Windows 7 as I did the XP - I like it and if it ain't broke don't fix it. I've learned my lesson since XP and wont be upgrading from Windows 7 until a long time. So ask me in a few years and I'll probably say Windows 7 was the OS that I used the most. :woot:

6. rashidckk

rashidckk Member

I also used Windows XP for four years. Then I switched to Windows 7. I never tried Windows Vista just because of bad reviews.

7. mvpmkpr

mvpmkpr Member

I used Windows XP from about 2005-2008, then jumped onto Vista in 2008-2012, then in 2012 I got my new PC and I now use Windows 7. I think that it is pretty insane how long Windows XP has been used, and it is still popular today and is a very reliable OS. Vista had a few compatibility issues, but it was still okay. Windows 7 however I think is perfect because of it's stability and customization.

8. altrouge

altrouge Member

I think I used Windows XP the most, even when Vista came out I still stayed with XP. I think that my Win 7 usage will surpass that though. I'm still using Win 7.

9. caparica007

caparica007 Member

My old laptop still runs a Windows XP, but where I most use the computer is in at work and there we have Windows 7. To be honest I like them both, they are really fast and give no troubles. Windows Vista was a disaster and Windows 8 quality still remains to be seen in my opinion, they just changed too much at once.

10. mvpmkpr

mvpmkpr Member

Honestly, Windows Vista wasn't that bad from what I have used. I have only had issues playing old games like Red Alert etc. Other than that, it did what I wanted. Windows 8 is cool thought in my opinion. I like the UI, and you can always change it back if you want to. Not to mention the boosted performance you get with it.

wowtgp likes this.
  11. wowtgp

wowtgp New Member

Same here. Windows XP is still the best OS Microsoft has ever produced. It is user-friendly and easy to get the hang off unlike the Windows 8, which is the latest OS in the market. If I am not mistaken, I used it for more than 6 years consecutively before moving on to Windows 7. Yeah, I completely skipped over the obnoxious Vista.

12. bellahpereira

bellahpereira New Member

I think I used '98 the most, to be honest :p I got my first desktop when I was 9 and that was in 2000, and I'm pretty sure I had that computer until 2005, at the very least. After I upgraded, I felt like the other upgrades came quickly and as I was getting older, I always wanted the newer OS versions so my dad always bought them for me. I have to say though that '98 might have been the best system for a while.. It might have been a bit primitive compared to the ones we have now, but it ran well and was a solid OS... I miss the old days :( Does anyone else remember using '98? :)

13. mvpmkpr

mvpmkpr Member

I remember using 98 a long time ago, it was a pretty good OS for the time. I switched to Windows ME edition for a while as well, but it crashed way too often so I had to switch back.

14. mvpmkpr

mvpmkpr Member

Windows 8 is honestly not that hard to use, it's actually easier to learn than the other operating systems, and more visually appealing to most people. A lot of people bash Windows 8 for the UI but it's actually really great.

draalin likes this.
  15. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

^ agreed!

16. mvpmkpr

mvpmkpr Member

Glad to see other people agree with me. Unfortunately, what I see mostly on tech forums is Windows 8 bashing :(

17. Protojunkie

Protojunkie Member

I have to say Windows XP. I first started using it on 2001 and continued using it until 2005 when I got a Vista desktop. Vista does not last long on that desktop as I quickly installed both linux and Windows XP there (although I didn't use Windows XP much). Then when I started working on 2008 I used a couple of Windows XP machines. It wasn't until 2011 when I started using Windows 7 so Windows XP has been the Windows OS I have used the most.

18. mvpmkpr

mvpmkpr Member

It's pretty insane how long Windows XP has been used, and they still use it in many schools and businesses. Really impressive, and proves how good the operating system really is. Support for it is gone now, so I think that people will start switching away.

19. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Member

I would have to say Windows XP. That's mainly because all the work computers I've used were all running XP for the past 10+ years now. I even worked at a very well known insurance carrier's main offices and they were still running Windows XP and worse yet, IE6 on all their computers.

20. lindbergh

lindbergh Love's Android!

For me, it's a tie between Windows XP and Windows 7. Though Windows XP has long been installed in my laptop, I seldom use it now since I mainly use Windows 7. So I think I used both of them for an equal time period. I'm about to stop using Windows 7. I'll be getting a netbook that operates under Windows 8 soon. :D