Who jailbreaks their iPhone? Why?

Discussion in 'iOS' started by EdenSB, May 21, 2013.

?

Do you jailbreak? (Only answer if you have an iPhone)

1. Yes, I do.

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. No, I don't.

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. scottman

scottman New Member

Yes I do. I believe there are many reasons to jailbreak. First of all, you can obtain all applications and music for free. That's a plus. Then the customization options open up. There is the tweak "Activator" where you can assign any button (volume, power, home) to any function of your choosing. Essentially jailbreaking gives you more freedom when it comes to your own phone.

2. scottman

scottman New Member

Which cydia apps do you use, if you don't mind me asking? Do you have trouble finding ones that are compatible with your IOS?

3. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

If I had an iPhone I would I jailbreaked my Nintendo Wii it's beneficial to do so and easy to do all you have to do is search YouTube.

4. ColonelMustard

ColonelMustard New Member

Altough this thread hasn't been very active lately, I will share my jailbreak (or almost jailbreak)story with you anyway:

I own an iPhone 5, and didn't jailbreak it, although I recently considered it.

As with many other iPhone5's my powerbutton stopt working as well. I know they have a set up a replacementprogramm very recently, but mine broke about a month before that was announced. So I had to use the "AssistiveTouch"-feature. I think it's cool there is a feature like that, but it's quite complicated and all I wanted to do with it was locking my phone. Doing that with AssistiveTouch costs your 3 or 4 clicks, besides that you get an ugly, semitransparent floating button on your screen all the time. The thing I wanted was an app, that, as soon as you activate it, locks your phone. Apperantly there are a lot of apps like that, but not was your iPhone.

Since I dind't want to pay 200+ euro's for a new powerbutton, I was about to jailbreak my iPhone, when the announced the replacementprogramm.

Right now, I've got a fully functional iPhone 5 again (for free), and I don't feel the need to jailbreak it anymore.

Or should I?