Why do you prefer the iOS than the Android?

Discussion in 'iOS' started by themarksquared, May 23, 2013.

1. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

Good day, draaliners.

I have read countless debates on other forums about which operating system they prefer for their phone. Some would defend the Android for the freedom, while some would cover the iOS for its reliability. I, for one, am quite sad that I've never owned an Apple device so whenever I want to participate in these kinds of debates, I have no choice but to back the Android.

With that, I'd like to ask, why do you prefer the iOS than the Android? What makes it different from its opponent? I really want to know. Please feel free to share. Let's discuss! Thanks!

2. rosemaryzephyr

rosemaryzephyr New Member

I've used both iOS and Android and I still prefer iOS. Maybe it's because of the iPhone's display, but iOS looks much cleaner and sharper. Android is great for users who want a lot of freedom, but I like iOS better because it's simple and just does what I want it to, no more and no less. It was faster (then again, might be a hardware difference) and extremely consistent - if I ever needed to troubleshoot, I could do an easy reset, or there was a wide enough user base that I could just Google and fix it in seconds. I felt like with Android, there were so many different versions, builds and "looks" that troubleshooting wasn't as straightforward.

3. jesikat

jesikat New Member

I like how customizable Android devices are, but as stated above, there are so many different versions that it can be overwhelming. Sometimes I like that one iOS device works exactly the same as another and looks the same too.

4. daenerys

daenerys Member

It's been a while since I've messed with an Android, so some of my points might be outdated now.

1. Apple touch interface software is always given the highest priority, so there's never any lag with your touch controls of anything, I thought sometimes I could detect a slight lag on the Android.
    2. The last time I tried an Android phone, you could tell the touch screen wasn't as accurate.
    3. Android is fragmented and cell phone companies can mess with it, like Verizon can make their version of it, etc. Plus, they don't know exactly what hardware their software will be running on, Apple always does and it makes a big difference.
    4. I like Apple's designs and interfaces way better than Google's. Sometimes I wonder if Google even hires designers.
    5. I don't trust Google when it comes to privacy issues. They've turned over entire Gmail accounts to the gov't just because people were WikiLeaks donors.
    6. I'm already caught up in and like Apple's Ecosystem, my iTunes is all organized, my photos are in iPhoto, etc. I use a MacBook, so tabs are synced, and my reading list, etc. Everything just works nicely together. I love my photo stream into iPhoto too.
    7. I've heard friends tell me nightmare stories about Android where you have to run AppZappers and junk to keep the battery life decent, and you have to remove the battery all the time to reset them.
    8. Apple's App Store has a lot more apps.
    9. Retina screen. Or do other phones have this by now?

I could probably go on, but I think I'm going to go to bed instead. Enjoy!

5. shloka

shloka New Member

I prefer Ios over android as it is much more inviting. The apps are given a nice glossy round finish unlike the unattractive square shape of android apps. The graphical user interface is more likeable in ios. The other reason is all the ios devices are made by apple and hence they ensure that the device works at a super fast pace. Wheras some cheap android devices get stuck a lot and are unable to run many apps which have higher graphical demands.

6. EdenSB

EdenSB Member

I've used both and I prefer the iOS mostly due to the design of the user interface. It just seems a lot easier to use for me. I don't know if it's still true, but there's also that the App Store has more applications than Android.

That said, the Android phone I used most of the time was an older one, so that may have biased my opinion. I do like some of the Android devices I've played around with a little.

7. daenerys

daenerys Member

People who support Android usually say they do because the OS is more open. For example, I have a friend who love Swype typing for his Android phone, and he couldn't have that on an iPhone because Apple doesn't allow tinkering with the keyboard. Tim Cook recently said that will change soon, but I can see my friend's point. I think it's a trade off; Do you want a phone that can be customized more but you'll run into issues more often, or do you want a phone that just works but you can't customize as much. Personally, for my phone, I'd prefer it just work, I don't want to tinker with it really, I just want it to be functional. I think it's a maturing process for me, I used to want to tinker and customize Windows all day long, now I buy Macs and barely find the need to change the wallpaper.

8. Nabs Hamid

Nabs Hamid Member

Because I've been using iOS for a very long time. I love the layout and speed of their devices. I never tried Android, and I'm not looking forward to anytime soon as I really love iOS!

9. pandandesign

pandandesign Member

I have an IPhone 5S and a Samsung Note 8.0 tablet, which is basically I am using both IOS and Android OS. I like IOS because the battery life is better and lasts longer than some of the phones based on Android OS. The layout sure is easy to navigate and very user-friendly. However, I do see a lot of people like IOS because of the Apple brand.

10. bsge11

bsge11 New Member

iOS because I get no crashes from any apps. Everything updates quickly and not many updates only once or twice a month. Plus iOS has the best apps.

11. daenerys

daenerys Member

@bsge11: Once or twice a month? Not true by far, I would say iOS has an update once every couple of months usually, if that. Definitely you're right on about iOS having the best apps though.

@pandandesign: I think it's a bit presumptuous to say people like iOS because of the "Apple brand". Sure, some do. But that's a pretty big blanket statement. I think it's more about the Apple ecosystem. For example, if you had an iPad instead of a Samsung tablet, your apps could carry over! Many apps have iPad and iPhone versions where you get both when you buy them too.