Why do you prefer windows 7?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rashidckk, May 11, 2013.

1. catwalker90

catwalker90 New Member

I prefer Windows 7 because it's much simpler. It does what I need it to. Also, I'm more familiar with it and the possible improvements from Windows 8 don't outweigh the benefits of being familiar with Windows 7.

2. glassjaw93

glassjaw93 New Member

Windows 7 is the perfect balance of easy accessibility and performance. Windows 8 is very laggy to me and I don't like the app style set-up.

3. catwalker90

catwalker90 New Member

I hate to hear that it's laggy because I'm going to have to switch to it.

4. ozadin

ozadin Member

Using windows 7 currently, and have used windows XP before. The upgrade was fantastic. No longer did I actually have to deal with the horrible interface and how it looked. I really didn't like the classic look. I haven't had a chance to try windows 8 out yet, but I am looking forward to. I've seen some videos here and there, but don't know if I should make the switch yet.

5. PurpleGuardian

PurpleGuardian Member

I think Windows Is great, functional and user friendly, also it works with many programs, and can even be backwards ccompatible with other operating systems. Windows 8 Just seems to be kind of simple and I think it would be hard to get used to.

6. Arkayde

Arkayde New Member

I just think I'm going to stick to Windows 7, since I can't find any issues with it.

PS: I'm never going near Windows 8, it nearly looks as if Microsoft thought "Hm, the UI from our Xbox should fit", then they copy-pasted it onto a PC.

PurpleGuardian likes this.
  7. PurpleGuardian

PurpleGuardian Member

Wow. I never thought of it that way but now that you mention it that basically is exactly what they did lmfao.

8. qwerty

qwerty New Member

I like windows 7 mostly because I've gotten used to it and have learned a lot of the little tricks, whether it be shortcuts or other software that I've added, which really enhances the user experience. I really like that you can customize it however you like. Another thing is that Microsoft got their act together for this edition of windows and I find that it crashes a lot less and is just more robust in general. That being said, windows xp was by far the most reliable windows operating system I have used since it was virtually indestructible.

9. professor0804

professor0804 New Member

I just think Windows 7 is simpler than Windows 8, I'm not amazing with computers, I'm not computer illiterate either, but I just find that when I'm using windows 7, it's much more self intuitive than Windows 8

10. hmol222

hmol222 New Member

I use Windows 7 for pretty much the same reasons everyone else uses it. Windows 8 uses up to much CPU and RAM and Windows Vista would really be a step down. Windows 7, I feel, is just right for everyday use and gaming use, it is considerably a lightweight OS and does everything you need.

11. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Member

It's incredibly stable and doesn't constantly nag me about security options and updates like Windows Vista did. I'm really reluctant to switch to version 8 any time soon, which is getting in the way of me purchasing any new desktops or laptops as well.

12. mvpmkpr

mvpmkpr Member

I simply just haven't tried Windows 8, but it seems good.

Windows Vista stopped me from playing games like RA2, Starcraft BW so I was kind of annoyed by that.

I think that the UI of Windows 7 is much better than XP so I use 7 instead.

13. altrouge

altrouge Member

It still works well for me, that's why. I know there's Windows 8, but I haven't tried it yet. Also, based from the looks of it and its features, I don't think I'd like it anyway.

14. mvpmkpr

mvpmkpr Member

At first I thought that the UI was ugly too, but after using it a couple of times and watching a few videos, it actually looks pretty convenient! Though Windows 7 does the job as well so I won't be switching any time soon.

15. wowtgp

wowtgp New Member

Has Microsoft already started to work on Windows 9? Can you provide me with a link?

Anyway, Windows 8 is quite a pin to get used to and navigate through. Moreover, it's not designed for gaming. So, being a hardcore gamer, I can't help but loathe Windows 8 and root for Windows 7. It's one of the best operating systems Microsoft has produced so far IMHO.

I am hoping that they can turn the tables around and learn from their mistakes they committed while designing Windows 8.

16. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

Each operating system that has been released by Microsoft has its own advantages and disadvantages. Personally I have stuck at windows 7 most applications are still compatible up to windows 7 others will run on windows 8 but will not be that smooth.
    I have read somewhere that the next windows operating system will not have the desktop part, this will be a major issue for guys who are new to windows and are used to desktop interface.