Why do you prefer Windows XP?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by themarksquared, May 24, 2013.

1. BCH

BCH New Member

I was convinced XP was amazing but when 7 was first released a friend managed to sway me enough to give it a try, so I did and I never looked back. I would recommend any XP enthusiast to give 7 a proper go because I believe you will not be disappointed.

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

I gave Windows 7 a go, but I returned to XP because while I found Windows 7 looked cool, I did not see any major improvement than eye-candy makeup.

But now over Windows 8, I feel really a difference and despite I was ready to downgrade to XP, I think I will adopt Windows 8 indefinitely.

And never thought to say this! :O

3. TheViper

TheViper Member

I never could bring myself to like any of the new OS that came out. Windows XP just seems like a great fit for me and what I need. There is not a need for a great looking and glossy OS. I just want something that gets the job done and does it well.

4. lovemwaf

lovemwaf New Member

XP was and is the best software that windows had ever developed. I think that all the new OS updates still cannot come near or cut it close to XP as there is some functionality issues and they to me take a lot of resources. I think that xp is the backbone for all microsoft developments to date.

5. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonder New Member

Although Apple has its own strengths, I will still never let go of my Windows XP. For me, it remains to be the easiest to use. What I specifically like is the fact that files are very easy to organize through the Windows Explorer. Also, Windows XP is not very picky in terms of the types of files that it can play. You do not need to spend so much time with all of those file conversions.

Also, I do not know if this has any relevance, but I think Windows XP has been very less prone to viruses. I never had any problem with viruses or malwares.