Why should someone root and Andriod device?

Discussion in 'Android' started by mrmatthew2k, Jul 10, 2014.

1. mrmatthew2k

mrmatthew2k New Member

What are the advantages to having a rooted device. I current use an iOS device that is jailbroken. It seems Andriod is a more open platform so why do you need to root it? Could anyone give me some reasons to root it?

The main thing jailbreaking does on iPhones is patch the kernel. What exactly does rooting do?

2. babyleans

babyleans New Member

It does a lot of things and basically gives you more control over your phone. It let's you delete pre installed applications that you don't need and improve the phone's speed. You can also flash a custom kernel on a rooted android phone.

3. Dez97

Dez97 New Member

pretty much what babyleans said, it gives you complete control of your phone, it allows you to take away the apps that comes on your phone that you don't really need. You can open up the speed for your phone, and get yourself more phone space. I recommend it but then again its still up to you.

4. creeper360bill

creeper360bill New Member

If you root your device, you have full access or root access to your device which means you have full control over it. When you root your android device you can do a lot of things you normally couldn't , like installing custom roms, overclocking the processor, changing screen resolution (wouldn't recommend it) deleting or "freezing" the apps that came with your phone, etc. I would recommend rooting your android device if you're comfortable with it.