Will Mac ever overtake Windows?

Discussion in 'Mac' started by LifeOrDeath, Nov 2, 2014.

1. LifeOrDeath

LifeOrDeath New Member

Currently, Windows is still the most popular option among the general users. Do you think that there ever will be a day where Mac will be the standard for operating systems?

2. DancingLady

DancingLady New Member

I do not think so, mostly because of cost. I know Mac is way, way out of my price range. I don't think I could ever afford a Mac computer, even if I knew it would be helpful to have one for work related things. Personally I think a lot of Mac's popularity is hype and because it is a status symbol. From my brief experience using them when I was a music student, I did not find them very easy to use.

3. maryannballeras

maryannballeras Member

I don't think that it will ever happen. I mean, I know that MAC has all the resources to buy Windows out, but these are two big competitors and I know for a fact that Windows will never sell their name to MAC. And personally, even if MAC is a really good company when it comes to hardware, I don't think I'll be able to go with MAC all the way. It's just too expensive.

4. JessiFox

JessiFox New Member

I don't think that it will. Price is definitely a big factor in it; the features are good, the usability is good, their products are generally durable enough, but even so the cost is something a lot of people aren't willing to dish out. Obviously they're good competition but I don't see them overtaking Windows altogether.

5. GearZ

GearZ Member

On the traditional desktop? Probably not. However, the way Microsoft has been stumbling lately, it doesn't take a crystal ball to see Windows is going to continue to lose market share for alternatives (e.g., Macs, Chrome books, et al).

6. musicmonster

musicmonster New Member

I feel like Mac has already taken over it. But I'm probably biased since I've been a mac user since.