Will you still use XP even after support ends?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by calebmelvern, Oct 1, 2013.

1. calebmelvern

calebmelvern New Member

As we all know, support for XP ends in April 2014. Some are worried that this may cause more vulnerabilities in security, while some say that this shouldn't be a concern as long as you know how to protect your computer from harmful stuff.

So will you still use XP? If yes, what makes you want to stick with it?

2. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

I think any business already using XP will continue doing so until too many exploits start popping up!

3. caparica007

caparica007 Member

I will continue using Windows XP in my laptop and in the university where I work all the computers in classrooms still have Windows XP and we are not planning to change that.

4. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

Windows XP has been a good OS but it time for everybody to upgrade to better OS such as Windws 8.1. I have already stopped using XP since its support is almost out.

5. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonder New Member

Yes, I think I will still use XP even when support ends. I rarely needed support so far over the past years that I've been using it. I agree that as long as you're taking the necessary precautions when using your computer, you need not worry much about having viruses and the like. I still remain to be an XP fan.

6. Aditya Kulkarni

Aditya Kulkarni New Member

If you count the years since when you are aware of Windows XP, you will see that for almost all issues, you "been there, done that!" So, technically speaking, there is nothing to be afraid of even if the support for XP ends in April 2014.

In my case, the most annoying issue was the fatal error whenever there was a hardware failure. So, from an OS perspective, my experience have been very pleasant.

7. chie

chie Member

I am still using Windows XP at work even though Microsoft doesn't support it anymore because our applications are only compatible with Windows XP. There are no problems yet on the security, accessibility and performance of the OS. However, Windows Update fails to download and install some of the patches already. Though, it doesn't really affect the existing OS version/patch.

8. ColonelMustard

ColonelMustard New Member

At home I mostly use Mac OSX and Windows 7. I recently started working at a new company, that still uses Windows XP on all their computers, and I have to say that I love it! It's fast, it looks good and it does everything I want it to do. Since I really enjoy working with it I installed a copy of Windows XP at my home computer last weekend.

So for me it's the other way around I guess... I did not touch XP for about 6 years, and now they end the support I'm starting to use it again.:) Besides that, I hardly ever update my OS, so I don't think I will experience anything different now the dropped the support.

9. DancingLady

DancingLady New Member

I continued using XP until I could no longer load half the webpages I used on a daily basis. They all got updates that were no longer compatible with XP so it would just say "page can not be displayed" that's when I finally broke down and bought a new computer. It was really unfortunate though, I liked that old one a lot. XP was so great.

10. TheViper

TheViper Member

There is without any doubt in my mind that I will continue to use Windows XP. The simple fact is that I love XP and always downgrade any computer to it. Now, when I finally build my own PC to use for gaming purposes. Then I will upgrade to a newer OS. Though, for now I will stick with what I know and that is XP.

11. LittleMiss

LittleMiss New Member

I continued to use Xp until my computer crashed. I thought the problem had to be the computer, but the. My mother in law had the EXACT same thing happen. It go through the booting up stage, and at first it would stop occasionally short of getting you into windows. A blue screen there and then gone, system restarts. Eventually, it happened more and more, and then, finally, it happened every time. I tried to reinstall windows off the disc, even had the service packs on a flash drive. No luck.

12. Corzhens

Corzhens Member

Our operating system in the office computer is dictated by company policy. Right now our standard is Windows 7 although we have issues that are not resolved like old programs wouldn't run properly. Franky, in my personal experiences vis-a-vis may requirements, the XP is much better than Windows 7. But in fairness to Windows 7, it has new functions and the navigation is quite easier.