Windows 10 - what do you think so far?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by missbishi, Dec 31, 2014.

1. missbishi

missbishi Member

Who's had a look at the Windows 10 preview and what do you think of it so far?

My first thought was one of gratitude for the return of the Start menu. It's not that I cannot manage without it, I just enjoy the familiarity and ease of it. I'm a helpdesk administrator too and have started every work conversation for years with the words "Click on Start...".

It also appears to make multi-tasking much easier again. I never liked the way Windows 8 commandeered a full screen. The latest version features a handy "virtual desktop", which gives you the option to create separate workspaces. I imagine this would help me keep my screen more organised and prevent me from closing applications down by mistake.

What does everyone else like about it? Or do you think it's the absolute pits?

2. isabbbela

isabbbela New Member

I have not tried it yet. but I'm anxious!! I liked Windows 8 but not having the Start menu made everything feel too different to me, specially because at work we still have Windows 7, so I have to manage switching from Windows 7 at work with Windows 8 at home... so I never got fully used to 8! I'm also hoping it's more intuitive because one think I miss on Windows OS is that if you are not an expert it is so hard to find errors, problems, bugs and stuff like that. I have high expectations for Windows 10, specially having heard good reviews so far!

3. Nikkishea21

Nikkishea21 Member

I have been thinking about what it is going to be like and I went online to get an overview of some of the specs. I was truly amazed and now I am quite anxious to get my hands on it. I am now using windows 8 and even though I got overwhelmed as I thought I would not be able to understand. I am now quite savvy with and I am ready for a change when I get around to it.

4. Jojo83

Jojo83 New Member

I've used Windows 10 for some time now and I could say that it's the best version of Windows that I've used so far. I have downloaded it for free when upgrading from Windows 8. Don't get me wrong, I really liked Windows 8 even though some people couldn't stand the "Metro" start menu. The return of the start menu was great and it has some added features such as live tiles and Cortana search. Windows update is now more seamless as it automatically downloads in the back round and will ask you when to install the updates, which is very convenient.