Windows 8.1 preview is up

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by AvalonX, Jul 2, 2013.

1. AvalonX

AvalonX New Member

Windows 8.1 ISO went up on TechNet and MSDN. 64 bit version 3580 meg download, 32 bit version 2660 meg download. Has anyone installed it yet? I installed it and the first thing I checked was this new Start button. What a joke, you click it and its like hitting the Windows key. It just puts you into the metro.

BTW, this is a preview! That means it will most likely time bomb at some point.

2. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

Nah I haven't installed it or even seen it yet. I'll wait until its finalized and then check it out.

3. ozadin

ozadin Member

In my next build, I will definitely be getting Windows 8. It is so much sleeker, and has a great interface which I'm a real big fan of.

4. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

I prefer to wait for the official build because I am not confident enough that I will not mess up my laptop. Nevertheless, I have heard so many good things regarding the update so I can't wait for it to be released! Good job, Microsoft!

5. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

Decided to download the preview, messed up some of my graphics drivers but after downloading beta drivers for 8.1 everything seems to work fine still.