Windows 8.1

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by caparica007, Oct 30, 2013.

1. caparica007

caparica007 Member

So it seems Windows 8.1 was released in the last days (17th October so I googled). A few users have come to my job (I work on an IT Helpdesk) saying that they have upgraded to Windows 8.1 and that now their wireless and VPN is not working.

I just wonder if this is normal, the upgrade disrupts other existing services...?

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

I ordered a new computer about a week ago and it came with Windows 8 installed.

First thing that I found when I first get into, was the invitation to upgrade to Windows 8.1 but knowing that Microsoft first release updates usually comes with buts, I declined the invitation, particularly because I can't see the license registration key of the software in the bottom of the computer as usual, so I feared something could go wrong with the upgrade.

I'm glad to have declined the upgrade, because along with yours, I have read about many complaints arising once that the operating system is upgraded to 8.1

No idea how to resolve it though.

3. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

I've upgraded to Windows 8.1 ever since it was released. So far, the only problem I faced was that my computer's performance dipped during the first day, This was all fixed after I updated the graphics driver. Right now, I don't have any complaints. I highly recommend you to upgrade now!

4. caparica007

caparica007 Member

I suppose that the wireless network and VPN of my university are not common issues with 8.1, glad that is working fine with you @themarksquared.