Windows 8 Start Menus

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by draalin, May 3, 2013.

1. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

2. taskeinc

taskeinc New Member

I've not had a chance to use Windows 8, I've heard and read mixed reviews about it. It sounds like Windows 8 is specifically designed to cater to the touch screen environment. Is this true? I have a HP computer, it's less than 2 years old, with a 25-inch flat monitor.. Would I need to convert it to, or actually purchase a different monitor to utilize Windows 8?

3. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

Windows 8 has the whole "Metro" design that you see on the start screen but it can be completely bypassed and you can make Windows 8 work and look essentially the same as Windows 7.

The advantages I see in upgrading is the boot time is reduced and more drivers included, which I think is pretty huge for laptops since they are a pain to get the proper drivers at times.

I don't know if you ever had to move drivers over onto a usb just to get a network connection. Since Windows 7 didn't include the ones you needed. :(

4. taskeinc

taskeinc New Member

Never had to move drivers to a USB. I worked for Dell Computers for about 8 months, from home (was actually contracted out by a company called Working Solutions) and the majority of the trouble calls were viruses, about 75%. My computer at home is about 2 years old, but I have Windows 7. I don't have any experience with Windows 8 but I need to get up to speed ASAP because I'm starting a side, "Remote-PC-Repair" business .. Remote-PC-Repair.info (sorry for the plug) and I need to freshen up my skills.

5. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

I currently have no plans to use these programs, but thank you for sharing it with the forum. I'll save the links in case I would change my mind. For now, I'm not really that bothered with the absence of the start button.