Windows To Bring Back Start Menu

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by OhioTom76, Apr 3, 2014.

1. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Member

Microsoft finally caved and admitted it will bring the Start Menu back to Windows - though it did not give a specific release date for it.

http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-to-bring-back-start-menu-windowed-apps-to-windows-7000027988/

The new revised "Start Menu" will look like the old one, with the exception that it will have the Windows Metro Tiles built into it as well. So in other words, it's a bloated space wasting Start Menu now.

2. NiaIsabelle

NiaIsabelle New Member

Honestly, I really don't like Windows 8. I use Windows 7 and Vista for my home and work computers. Whenever I use a computer that has the operating system Windows 8, I always get confused. I have no idea where things are placed and how to get there and I always end up pressing the wrong button. I do agree that they should bring back the Start Menu because that is the number 1 problem why I always end up somewhere I don't know. I think they shouldn't have installed Windows 8 to computers and laptops because it is more practical for tablets and windows phone.

3. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

4. useruseruser

useruseruser Member

This is great news. If Windows does bring the start menu back, I may actually consider upgrading to Windows 8. I hope that the OS improves to a point that it is actually usable.

5. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Member

This is such good news to hear. I miss the start menu and really dislike the "new and improved" version of windows. It looks like it is more meant for a tablet than anything.