Wired mice vs wireless ones.

Discussion in 'Components' started by preyy, Jul 10, 2014.

1. preyy

preyy New Member

Lately, I've wanted to become as future-proof as possible, being aware of my budget as well. I've wanted some changes in my overall aspect of my PC, because currently I can't really afford the exorbitant prices to replace some components for newer and potentially better ones. In consequence, I've started to buy a wireless keyboard. So far, so good, I couldn't be more contented with it, even though it drains the batteries rather fast. The keyboard has given me a nice impression of its overall abilities, so I've decided to buy a wireless mouse, too.
    Though I must confess it is truly horrendous to use. It's a very-well known brand which you have surely heard before and I'm, as a matter of fact, a power-user of their services and products especially. The responsivness is ~ 0,5 seconds, it oftentimes double-clicks without my direct actions and, as this wasn't already enough for me to handle with, it also drains two batteries in a matter of few hours! Really!? How's this possible in any way? I am aware of the fact that's a faulty device, but they should make all their products as good as advertised. Hopefully I'll be able to use my warranty...
    In spite of this horrendous experience, I must say I truly like the concept. It will surely occupy less space than a wired one, and for me it would be a great advantage because I've currently got too many wires throughout the entire house!!

2. calebmelvern

calebmelvern New Member

I still have not jumped onto the wireless peripherals bandwagon. Personally, I am completely fine with my old and cheap wired Logitech optical mouse. The only time I will consider buying wireless peripherals is when I need to move around a lot, working from one place to another. But I usually just work at home. I also don't find that wireless mouse save space, but I sure do understand that when you're outside or in a coffee shop, it would be better not to be bothered by long cords.

3. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayer New Member

I have a thing with wireless devices. I mean sure they're convenient to have since I don't have to untangle the f***ing wires every time, but I still prefer the wired once. The wireless mouse (or mice) I've used before were all a bit heavy for my liking. I've used the mouse that came out with the iMac (the wireless one) and it's pretty heavy for my liking and I'm afraid that if I accidentally drop it it will just go broke. As for the wireless mouse, well if I accidentally topple them off the desk, they would still hang by the cord and they're pretty light not to mention cheaper.

4. calebmelvern

calebmelvern New Member

I agree with that falling mouse thing. Happened to me many times! And I would like to add that I hate recharging batteries. This is trivial and maybe I'm just weird but I would rather have a mouse which I can use just by plugging it in.

5. iroyv

iroyv New Member

I've seen friends with wireless mice return theirs for failure shortly after buying them. I'm still not convinced on the concept of wireless mice (I'd forget to recharge the mouse) so I'd rather just take the convenience of wired mice for now.

6. Corzhens

Corzhens Member

The keyboard of our home computer gave up last month. For the replacement, I went to the Chinese store selling cheap products. For $5 they offered me a wireless keyboard with a matching wireless mouse. Good. We had it connected and being a plug and play device, that was easy to use. So far, there's not much problem we encountered with those wireless devices.

7. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

I have attached a wired keyboard and a wired mouse to my laptop because it's easy to work this way and, if you keep in mind that I have it connected to the Internet via Ethernet cable, which is faster than connecting Wi-Fi, makes no difference to me having wireless or wired devices.

8. Corzhens

Corzhens Member

I just want to post an update on our wireless mouse (see my post above). The wireless mouse was acting strange and we were at a loss so we temporarily restored the corded mouse to use the computer. When we had the time, we used the wireless mouse again to determine the problem. Well, it is low batt. That simple. So we replaced that AAA battery and continued. However, we noticed that the battery lasted only for about 3 weeks. Gee, that's too much battery consumption. So we are back to our corded mouse again.

9. GearZ

GearZ Member

With the exception of a mobile setup, I've generally stuck with wired input devices. The early wireless ones were not real reliable and since they had little added benefit, I kept it old school. The technology has come a long way though.

10. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

I remember to have tried a small traveler mouse once, it was wireless and it was acting strange, but I thought it was due to the small size and gave it away to continue using the wired mouse. I guess mine was probably having battery issues, but due to the small size I didn't realize of this fact.