Would you go back to using Vista?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Qamra, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Qamra

Qamra New Member

I had Vista on my older PC for 6 months. I then upgraded to Windows 7 but I think I wouldn't mind using Vista again. Are there any reasons you feel sentimental about Windows Vista?

2. jodiann12

jodiann12 New Member

I am using Vista now on my laptop, and I feel comfortable using it. I currently have no problems using it. I would probably use Windows 7 or Windows 8 if there's a dramatic improvement when compared to using Windows Vista.

3. mikelouis

mikelouis Member

I would not use vista again. I had a lot of frustrations using this OS such as not all applications could run on it. This was the major set back fr the OS that prompted the early release of Windows 7.

4. kai_uk

kai_uk New Member

I find vista to be quite stable and had no major issues with it. The main problem for me was that is was a lot slower than XP which is not what you expect when upgrading your operating system on a high performance PC. Windows 7 is quicker despite being a newer OS so it removes a lot of frustration.

5. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

I only used Windows Vista when it came pre-installed in my so-then new laptop and it was a hassle downgrade it because it was the worst operating system I ever tried.

Thus, I would never use it again no matter if a reward would be offered in exchange for trying it.

6. Linkzelda41

Linkzelda41 New Member

I remember having to use Vista at a relative’s house in New York. I bet if I tried to go through simple browsing through Firefox, the PC itself would crash or be extremely laggy. Not to shun down Windows Vista, since other factors like the amount of RAM and CPU can contribute to making an OS horrible or decent.

But after that experience, despite of it only being one circumstantial case, I would prefer sticking to Windows 7. Never had any problems whatsoever with it, and I do some intensive stuff on it. Photoshop CS6, Zbrush, Maya 2014 and many other 3D Programs. With 4GB of RAM, I just have to be resourceful with my 64-bit OS, and it will be going strong for many years to come.

7. Aditya Kulkarni

Aditya Kulkarni New Member

There are times when you want to stick to an operating system which was your "beloved" since ages! ;)
    Just like you, same case happened with me, back in the days when Windows XP was launched. I was so fond of Windows 98 that I just didn't want to upgrade and be with the flow.

To answer your question, No! I am so fond of Windows 8 nowadays that I just don't want to go back to even Windows 7! Maybe it is the flexibility and convenience that I get when I am using this operating system; but I think this is the way it goes!

8. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

Personally I hated vista some games would never run right so I eventually downgraded to windows xp and no more problems now that my machine is running 7 their is no reason to go back to vista, but as far as upgrading to 8 I don't think so I am happy with 7 it's a good OS.

9. cameronpalte

cameronpalte Member

When I first got Vista and used it, it worked out great. However, since I updated to Windows 7 I noticed a lot of new advantages that I didn't know of previously. These things have made me enjoy Windows 7 a lot more than I ever enjoyed Windows Vista. That's personally my reason for not wanting to go back.

10. useruseruser

useruseruser Member

After using Windows 7, I'm not sentimental. When it comes down to it, Vista and 7 are very similar. All Windows OS's are the same in their way. I will not miss Vista.

11. NiaIsabelle

NiaIsabelle New Member

I was using Windows XP when Windows 7 was not yet available and my sister has been using Windows Vista for quite a while now. Personally, I will not change my operating system to windows vista since not all work for vista. There are some programs that work smoothly for Windows 7 then when I install it for Windows Vista, problems arise. Windows 7 has less problems than vista so I would prefer using windows 7.

12. GearZ

GearZ Member

I couldn't be paid to use Vista. Well, that isn't completely accurate, I was paid to test code on Vista when it first came out. I just couldn't be paid to use it as the OS on one of my boxes. It is one of the worst piles MS ever put out. And that is really saying something. ;)