XP can take on Apple OS

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lovemwaf, Nov 28, 2013.

1. lovemwaf

lovemwaf New Member

I think that XP is very efficient and can take on the apple OS. It to me would work very seamlessly especially now with the new processor easily available, i think that the hardware can now match the software.

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

Huh? Windows XP is at the end life of support and soon it won't be available anywhere but only a relic in the shelf for those of us who still have the installation disks for this software.

I believe that any Microsoft operating system can compete decently with Mac because this is over-rated, as it is overpriced.

Mac was superior to PCs but many, many years ago, actually the superiority that Apple claims is just a cliché.

3. TheViper

TheViper Member

Isn't the support only ending this year?

It isn't like the support for XP ended like 10 years ago. There will still be tons of people using XP and Microsoft will still have it available to download. They don't want to lose any possibility of making some sort of money.

4. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

Microsoft has tried to get rid of XP since a while back and ended the support, but because people keep using it (and will keep doing) they extended the support for another year.

Probably when the support is over they will restored at a later time, like did it with Windows 98SE that was left without any support around year 2000, and actually has limited but available support at the Microsoft site due to the same reason; many people still uses such operating system.

The latest Microsoft's move is start removing from Windows 7 from stores to avoid people keep using it or make a choice for this as an upgrade alternative for Windows XP and Windows Vista users in a desperate move to push people into Windows 8.

If I could, I would downgrade to Windows 98SE, but I lost a generic graphics driver needed to get the software displayed at the real monitor resolution size. Without it, the screen display a 640x400 desktop :\