Your favorite linux distro?

Discussion in 'Ubuntu' started by slaming, May 23, 2013.

1. slaming

slaming New Member

Firstly I know that this is a Ubuntu forum, but I do feel that people who use Ubuntu would be quited interested in sticking their toes a little deeper into the linux sea.

So that leads me to this question, whats your favorite linux distro? My current is crunchbang which is debian based as it runs really well on my low spec devices. But I also love Arch linux as it is just so customisable and the package manager is just great! So what about you guys? whats your favorite distro?

Slaming

2. Protojunkie

Protojunkie Member

I like crunch bang quite a lot as I like Debian and most of Debian-based distros like Ubuntu. My favorite distro is lubuntu. I love having all the software base of Ubuntu with LXDE which is my favorite desktop environment.

I haven't used Arch ever but have been wanting to try it for a long time. Another distro I like a lot is Slackware. If you like Arch because it is customizable you should try Slackware. All the software that it use has to be configured manually. That's the main reason I don't use Slackware any more, I can't find the time to tweak everything to be the way I want.

So for me it is Lubuntu.

3. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

I should probably make a Linux sub-category. But If I didn't use Ubuntu and I was a bit more adventurous I would use Arch Linux. I think it would just be cool to install everything from scratch.

4. Protojunkie

Protojunkie Member

If I had time I would try Arch too. Another one I would like to try is Linux From Scratch. I have heard that it is very educational.