Your favourite Windows version?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Sly14Cat, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Sly14Cat

Sly14Cat Member

So quite recently a lot of things have happened in the Windows world. Within the past two years we've seen Windows 8/8.1, the Surface tablets, and Windows XP finally reach EOL. So the question I have for everyone is what is your favourite version of Windows? Why do you like that version in particular? Do you still use it?

2. thebeardlesswonder

thebeardlesswonder New Member

My Favorite is Windows 8.1 update 1. I use this on multiple desktops and laptops, both touch and non-touch. After a bit of using it I have pretty much learned to love it. It does perform better than Windows 7 and the touch features on my laptop are incredible. I have 3 monitors on my desktop and Windows 8.1 is great with them. Update 1 also helped adapt the OS to be more non-touch device friendly.

3. Ahriman

Ahriman Member

I can't think of any particular versions of it but Windows 7 remains my favorite.

4. Oogles

Oogles Member

Windows 7 is my favorite. XP was also good too but the outdated graphic interface doesn't sit well with me at all and Vista just annoys me a lot as well as Windows 8. Windows 7 on the other hand had all the functionality of XP and the slickness of Windows Vista made better. Never had a problem with it and I wouldn't trade it in for anything else. Unless they start making Windows 8 look like an upgraded windows 7 rather than an Xbox live.

5. alexiskilgannon

alexiskilgannon Member

Windows 7 is my favorite version. Prior to that, I loved Windows XP. I didn't know what love was until Windows 7 arrived. I felt that all flaws were fixed and there were little to no faults in Windows 7. Once Windows 8 came along, my dreams were crushed. I have never wanted to downgrade a computer so much in my life.