Your ISP

Discussion in 'Networking' started by foitoi, May 18, 2013.

1. foitoi

foitoi Member

What ISP do you use and are you happy with it?

I am in Croatia and I don't have a lot of options. I am paying T-com for my internet. I pay around 35$ a month for 4 Mbps and flat rate. I am not very happy with it and think that is expensive (it kinda is in my country :()

2. themarksquared

themarksquared Member

I'm currently living in the Philippines, and just like your situation, I don't have a lot of options when it comes to choosing an internet service provider. I'm currently subscribed to an ISP called Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company, with a 1 Mbps plan for $31.60 per month. I am NOT happy with the service they provide to the customer, and I don't like the fact that I get random disconnects every 30 minutes. If only I could find a better ISP, I would do it now.

3. nightsparks

nightsparks Member

I live in the backwoods of Pennsylvania and it's amazing that I even have access to internet! I've been on dialup for years and only recently was able to switch to "highspeed" DSL with Verizon. It's sad. However, I'm moving the the Washington D.C. area in a few months - FiOS here I come!

4. EdenSB

EdenSB Member

I have no options unfortunately. I'm using Korea Telecom which is a decent enough ISP, but I'm sharing my connection with the whole apartment building. There's no choice for anything else unfortunately, so during peak hours it can get pretty slow.

5. SirArgy

SirArgy New Member

Back here in South Florida, I'm using AT&T. It's alright. It's consistent for maybe 80% of the time.

However, I play a lot of online games, and when it's inconsistent (random ping and latency spikes), it really, really bugs me.

I much prefer the ISP I use when I'm back up in my college town. Even though it's glitchy (in a good way) and slightly inconsistent (ranges from 4MBps to 30MBps), it's always at an acceptable level.

6. Nabs Hamid

Nabs Hamid Member

I currently live in Wisconsin. I pay around $100 monthly for 24mbps internet, and unlimited home phone with some international minutes.

7. Protojunkie

Protojunkie Member

I live in Mexico in one of the northern states. Here we don't have much options. There are two ISP in my city (ok, there are more, but two are the ones with the best connections) but I'm not happy with neither one. At home I use cable and pay about $35 for 5mbps. At work we have a few DSL connections of 6mbps that also costs about $35 each.

8. ozadin

ozadin Member

NY and using Time Warner Cable. Not satisfied of the speeds, and contemplating whether I should switch to Verizon or not. From what I've heard, their speeds are affordable and great compared to TWC.

9. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

I have Teksavvy, they're pretty awesome. :cool:

10. Chunkaroonie

Chunkaroonie New Member

Shaw up here in Canada, BC. I pay 65$ a month for unlimited 25 MB download and 2.5 upload... it's kind of ridiculous. But my internet's definitely stable and the speeds pretty darn good, still I know I'm being way overcharged but the alternative is just plain horrible speeds. I dream of the day Google makes it way up to Canada... :unsure:

11. hmol222

hmol222 New Member

I am currently using Virgin Media. I have got to say that their speeds are rather phenomenal!

I was originally with AOL who were quite reasonable speed wise and price wise, and then switched to Sky as the prices were better. However, their speeds were actually worse than awful to say the least. They offered the same speeds as Virgin Media but somehow Virgin actually exceeds my expectations speed and price wise. I highly recommend them to anyone and to add, their customer service is the best I've seen out there!

12. homenetworkguy

homenetworkguy New Member

I live in Michigan and I use Comcast. We actually have a few other options, but Comcast is the most popular because it has pretty decent speed. We have 4mbps and pay about $63 monthly.

13. altrouge

altrouge Member

We have Vodafone as our ISP. They're also our network carriers, so we get the bundles. Meh, I think that it's alright, although it could be better. It's decent enough for browsing though, although sometimes it fluctuates especially when there's heavy rain. I'm looking out for UPC, it's just new but it looks promising.

14. mvpmkpr

mvpmkpr Member

Haha, Toronto Canada checking in. I pay around $60 with home phone combined with internet that runs at 2mbps up and .6 mbps down. Awesome, especially considering some 3rd world countries have better internet and the fact that I should be getting 7 mbps up and 2 mbps down. Tech support wants $100 to fix it. No way.

15. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

I use AT&T U Verse it’s OK it might not be the fastest, but I am happy with what I got it’s more than fast enough for what I use it for which is mostly online gaming and do some streaming as well.

16. BlackBolt_

BlackBolt_ New Member

Sounds like you're all getting pretty screwed.

UK TalkTalk
    18mbps
    £15 per month
    Unlimited

I've been paying this same price ever since dial-up and got upgraded to broadband for free. It's quite reliable; drops connection once a fortnight roughly. A little bit of down time is worth the price.

17. danealegana

danealegana Member

I am surrounded with a lot of free wifi in my area.

I only have a prepaid dongle for emergency when non of them is turned on but that only happened 7 months ago. :)