You have probably noticed that the iPhone 6’s power button is now on the right side of the phone, and if you haven’t now you know! I just wanted to get that out there before there was any confusion as many Apple owners aren’t used to this change.
Anyways for those who don’t know what a screenshot is, it’s essentially a way to take a picture of what is currently on your iPhone 6’s screen. This could be of a gamescore, an e-mail, configuration settings or anything else you can think of.
Now let’s get to why you are here, how to take a screenshot on your new iPhone 6!
Taking your first iPhone 6 screenshot!
First find something you want to take a screenshot of, though if you haven’t don’t worry you can take a screenshot of whatever you want. Follow below when you are ready.
- First locate the home button on your iPhone.
- Next locate the power button, remember it’s on the right side of the iPhone 6 now!
- Now once you are ready to take the screenshot simply press and hold the power & home button at the exact same time.
- Within a second or so you will get a notification by either screen flash and or a camera shutter sound.
- Once you’ve seen or heard that you know your screenshot has been taken!
Where is my screenshot saved?
So you’ve now taken your first screenshot on your new iPhone 6 but want to know where it was saved? Don’t worry that’s easy to find I’ll show you that too! Read on below.
- First press the home button on your iPhone 6 as we need to go back to the home screen.
- Now locate the Photos application and tap that to open it.
- You should see your new screenshot as the most recent photo taken in this area.
Now you can easily share the screenshot with others through e-mail, social media, or any other means.
Having trouble taking a screenshot?
If you are having trouble taking a screenshot we recommend you do the following:
- Ensure you are indeed pressing the power & home button at the exact time.
- Try rebooting your phone as sometimes software updates can make certain applications buggy.
If you still can’t seem to take a screenshot leave a comment below and I’ll do my best to help you.