First of all you made a great decision by buying the Google Nexus 5! It is the fifth generation of the Nexus smartphone line running on the Android operating system. Though there is one more thing I would like to speak about before we get your Nexus 5 screenshot complete!
Don’t worry taking a screenshot on new Google Nexus 5 is pretty straight forward! But I just want to tell you first that there are third party applications you can download from the Google Play Store that have the ability to crop and edit screenshots if you are looking for something more than just a screen capture. But in this walk through we are only covering the built in application that Android comes with by default.
Remember you can take a screenshot of anything you want on your Nexus 5. Whether it is a high score of your favorite game or just some configuration settings that you want to save. Just like regular photos you can share screenshots with your friends the same way. Send it in an e-mail, text-message, or to any social media outlet you want.
Okay I’ll stop talking now so we get to the whole reason you are here, completing your Nexus 5 screenshot journey!
Taking the screenshot on your Google Nexus 5
Taking the screenshot:
Once you have found something you want to take a screenshot of follow the steps below.
- Simply press and hold both the volume down and power button at the same time.
- About a second or so later you will hear a beep and or see the screenshot animation. Follow by a notification that will appear in the status bar at the top of your screen telling you your screenshot has been captured.
Check out the screenshot below for the location of the volume down and power button if you don’t know exactly where they are on your Nexus 5.
Getting the screenshot:
So now you have taken your screenshot and you want to find it? Easy, you can find it in your photo gallery by following the steps below.
- Navigate back to your home screen if you aren’t there already.
- Open up your Gallery application and you will find your Nexus 5 screenshot will be the most recent photo you have taken!
Screenshot not being taken?
Here are some fixes if your screenshots aren’t being taken.
- Try restarting your Nexus 5 as something might not be working properly.
- Ensure you are pressing both the volume down and power button at the same time, remember it takes a seconds or so to register!
If neither of these fixes are working post a comment below or visit our forums for additional assistance.