Are you a proud owner of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and want to know how to take a screenshot on it? Well, you are at the right place. Today, we’ll show you how to take a screenshot by following some simple steps. There are different types of doing it, so it is up to you to choose the one that suits you. The S Pen gives us lots of options. Take a look at them:
Using the power and home button to take a screenshot on your Note 4
This is probably the easiest way to do a screenshot. Follow these simple steps if you are not familiar with it:
- Press and hold the power and the home button at the exact same time
- After a while you should receive a visual feedback in the form of a screen flash or a notification from your phone.
- Once either of those occur you will know that your screenshot has been taken.
- Always remember to press the two buttons and hold them at the same time!
Taking a screenshot by swiping your screen
This is another way to take a screenshot on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4, so follow the steps:
- Place your hand on the right side of the screen.
- Try to swipe your hand across the screen from the right to the left.
- You should receive a notification from your Galaxy Note 4 that a screenshot has been taken.
Pretty easy, right?
These are the two easiest ways to take a screenshot on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4, but there are others, thanks to the S Pen. They are a bit more complicated than the first two, but not difficult to perform.
The first thing you need to do is take your S Pen out from the smartphone and activate the air command menu. Another way to do is just hold the tip of the pen close enough to the screen and press your S Pen button to open it.
How to use the S Pen to take a screenshot
When you are already finished with running the air command menu, you will be able to choose from two options:
This is the first option you’ll see on your smartphone. If you decided to choose this method you should know that your phone will take a screenshot of the whole screen and enable you to write on the screenshot, by making you the editor. Then you will see different options that will appear directly on your screen. Here’s what they are for:
- You will notice pen settings options. This is to choose different colors and pens to write on the screenshot. To open the options you need to press it two times.
- Another thing you’ll see is the eraser. It will help you remove something you already wrote. You also need to press it twice to open it up.
- You also have a crop option to edit the screenshot.
- Undo and Redo options
- Sharing your screenshot
- X – Cancel
- And finally – Save it.
This is another option that allows you to take a screenshot using the S Pen. It is good if you want to take only some small part of your active screen. Always know that the image clip option doesn’t take a full screenshot.
So the first thing to do here is use your S Pen to select the area you want to save. When you are done with this process and you already selected the area, you will see a menu on your screen. This menu allows you to edit the screenshot. These are the options from the menu:
- Transform back to original shape. It is the shape you used to draw your screen when selecting the area.
- Transform into circle. This option allows you to transform your screenshot into a circle.
- Transform into rectangle. It allows you to transform your screenshot into a rectangle.
- Transform into auto shape. This option allows your phone to choose intricate selections within the first – original selection you made.
- Save in scrapbook
- Share via.
- More options.
If you want to share your screenshots through text message, then this is the right option for you. First of all make a selection using your S Pen and save it. Then, you have the option to share it or simply press the collect option that is located on the right side of the screen. If you decided to choose the collect option, press the collect button option.
You will see the screenshot on your screen. By using your S Pen you can move the whole selection or delete it by pressing the + symbol or bringing it up to the trash icon. If you want to send the screenshot you made, open a new message and long press the selection. Wait for the screenshot to detach and put it to the message area.
Don’t forget to leave your comments and questions below.