Hope you’re loving your Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge because we sure do! Though you may be wondering how to save whatever is on your screen, don’t worry we’ll show you how to do that! Taking a screenshot, screen capture, print screen or whatever else you would like to call it is simple on your new Galaxy S6. It’s actually the same as most other Android phones out there.
Anyways there are two different ways to take a screenshot on the S6 or S6 Edge. The first method involves the old school method where you hold the home and power button at the same time while the other is using Samsung’s swipe feature. Below we’ll show you exactly how we can do both methods.
S6 Screenshot Method 1 – Home & Power Button
Out of the two different screenshot methods I use this on exclusively as it rarely fails and I’m just more used to it. Let’s get started!
- If you don’t know where the power and home button is located please take a look at the image below.
- Now find something you would like to take a screenshot of.
- Once you’re ready press and hold the home and power button simultaneously!
- Within a second or so you’ll be notified that your screenshot has been taken. This can occur by hearing a camera shutter, a screen flash, or a notification running across the top of your Galaxy’s screen.
S6 Screenshot Method 2 – Hand Swipe
Here’s how to take a screenshot using Samsung’s hand swipe method. Follow along below!
- First ensure you have enabled the Palm Swipe To Capture option. You can do this by going through Settings followed by Motions and Gestures then enabling the Palm Swipe To Capture feature.
- Once you’ve done that make sure you have something you want to take a screenshot of!
- Simply swipe your hand from left to right or right to left over top of your S6’s screen. Remember not to lift your hand off your Galaxy until you’ve crossed the whole phone!
- If you’ve heard a notification that either comes in the form of a camera shutter sound, screen flash, or notification running at the top of your Galaxy S6/Edge you can safely say you’ve taken your first screenshot!
Retrieving The Screenshot
You can find the location of your newly taken screenshot by following these steps:
- Locate the Gallery App and open it up.
- Within the Gallery application you should find a folder called screenshots if you open that up your latest image will be your screenshot.
If you’re still having trouble taking your first Samsung Galaxy S6 screenshot or S6 Edge please take a look at the common fixes below, if none of them help for you please leave a comment below or visit our forums!
- If taking a screenshot with method 1 please ensure you are indeed pressing the home and power button at the exact same time!
- While using method 2 double check that the Palm Swipe To Capture method is enabled.
- Try rebooting your phone as sometimes phones tend to get buggy if they haven’t been restarted in a long time after software or app updates.