Asterisk: The Definitive Guide Pre-order from Amazon

Discussion in 'Asterisk' started by Protojunkie, May 26, 2013.

1. Protojunkie

Protojunkie Member

Hello,

I just bought Asterisk: The Definitive Guide 4th Edition at Amazon. The book will be released on May 28 (or so I believe) but right now Amazon is selling it at Pre-order price. I bought a copy yesterday for only $29.99. The book will cost $54.99 so if you are planning on getting it you should buy it now.

I have read previous versions and think it is the best Asterisk book. So far I've only used Asterisk 1.6 and 1.8 and this book covers Asterisk 11 so I will update my knowledge about Asterisk to the most recent version.

2. CorgiE

CorgiE King of da Dogs!

look cool, I haven't tried setting up a vo-ip system before but I'm getting tired of my current phone provider. I rarely use them anyways. this might be fun! :giggle:

3. Protojunkie

Protojunkie Member

VoIp systems are specially suited for companies that have many branches. It enables communication between them with a really low cost. These days I'm just messing around with Asterisk but my intention is to start a business providing voip solutions.

4. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

The added security is nice too. Rather than trusting another 3rd party company. :sneaky:

5. ENO1986

ENO1986 Member

Looks like a good book for people that can put the book to use that pre order price is sweet it's almost half the price.

6. Protojunkie

Protojunkie Member

Well the preorder ended a few months ago (the book was published in June 7, 2007) but the price at Amazon is still pretty good. Right now the price is 34.97 which is still a good price for all the information in the book.

Asterisk: The Definitive Guide at Amazon.com.