Ruby, Another Failed Programming Language?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by MyDigitalpoint, Sep 30, 2013.

1. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

I have been online enough to have seen programming languages that come across announced to be the ultimate scripting that is going to take over PHP, but at the very end those languages could be good but not enough to get enough developers switching to use them.

I stated my online programming adventure with pure ASP because my ISP provided free hosting with this scripting, but eventually I discovered the power of PHP and I have been devoted to this programming language for at least a whole decade.

Even though, I remember myself trying to move to Cold Fusion when this was the "ultimate" programming language and repeating the story with others every now and then.

With Ruby on Rails the advantage is that most hosting services with Cpanel have an option to run Ruby on Rails, the fact is that I have seen very little applications developed on Ruby or sites running using the Rails framework.

As a matter of fact, you can find the little resources for Ruby that Hotscripts has, which cannot be compared with the hundreds available for PHP.

What do you think about Ruby, is there any future for this programming language?

2. draalin

draalin The Boss Staff Member

I don't know much about ruby but it still seems like a ton of companies are still hiring developers. (From what I have seen on job posting sites)

3. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpoint Member

Perhaps this is why there are not too much already-made applications for Ruby.

Companies might be hiring developers for custom applications instead.

Personally I have seen Ruby available on Cpanel, and I have even clicked on the icon, but when did such thing, it simply said that Ruby was now enabled.

No idea how to develop an app, nor have tried one of those scripts due to there is none that I could use for any project I could think of.