If you’re using Windows 10 and you’re trying to install your printer from an IP Address follow these easy steps below!
First make sure your printer is on and you have it’s IP address written down!
Installing your printer VIA IP
- From the Start Menu type “advanced printer setup”.
- Now click “The printer that I want isn’t listed”.
- Now select the radio tab listed as “Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname” followed by clicking the next
- For the device type select “TCP/IP Device”.
- In the Hostname or IP address field enter whichever you have. If you wrote down your IP address down from earlier try to use that first. Followed by clicking Next.
- Now your system should add and configure the printer if everything goes smoothly! (If it doesn’t read on below)
Printer Installation still failing?
If for some reason your printer installation fails you’ll prompted with additional information the installation process requires. Here you can select the device type you can either choose a “Standard” or “Custom” device type. Select “standard” and see if your printer is in the drop-down list. If it is select it and hit next and Windows will walk you through the rest of the installation. If you don’t see your printer in that list try the “Custom” option.