The Nexus 7 really is an amazing tablet. It’s Light weight, it receives the first android updates, and it comes at an amazing price! Alright so you came here to take a Nexus 7 screenshot right? Well first let me explain what exactly a screenshot is. Although if you already know what a screenshot is, go on ahead and skip below to get started.
Anyways, a screenshot is essentially a picture of what is on your screen at some moment in time. It works the same way you would take picture with your camera! Now you might wonder, why would people want to take screenshots of their phones screen? Well there are many reasons, for example maybe you would like to save some configuration settings of how you setup an application on your phone. Another example could be saving a high score in one of your favorite game so you can later send it to your friends and brag about it!
Regardless of the reason, its a simple task to complete and it works almost exactly the same across all of Google’s Android devices.
Hopefully that is enough information about both what and why you would take a screenshot with your Nexus 7. Now let’s complete your Nexus 7 screenshot!
Taking a screenshot on your Google Nexus 7
Taking the screenshot:
You should now have something you want to take a screenshot of right? Follow the steps below to get started.
- Press and hold both the volume down and power button at the same time.
- Within a second or so you will hear a beep or see a screenshot animation that will flash on your screen.
- After that you will see a notification in your status bar saying your screenshot has been captured!
If you are having trouble finding out where the volume down and power button are check out the image below.
How to get your screenshot:
Great now you have your screenshot, so we might as well show you how to view it right? Don’t worry it’s easy, you can find it in your photo gallery application by following the steps below.
- Travel back to your home screen if you aren’t already there.
- Now open up your Gallery application and from there you will find your new Nexus 7 screenshot. It will be the most recent photo you have taken.
Can’t seem to get your screenshot taken?
There could be many reasons why your screenshot is not being taken, though here are some of the more common quick fixes.
- You can try restarting your Nexus 7 as sometimes applications crash or something just doesn’t seem to work properly with the phone at its current state.
- You should double check that you are indeed pressing both the volume down and power button at the same time. Remember it takes a few seconds for the Nexus 7 to register the screenshot.
If you still can’t figure out how to take a screenshot on your Nexus 7 after trying the suggestions above I suggest you post a comment below or visit our forums for additional support.