Looking to screen record, screen capture, or whatever else you want to call it on your Android KitKat 4.4 device? This isn’t exactly the easiest app to install and run as it requires a few things before you can use it. But once you have it installed you’ll love it! You can easily record videos with the click of a button much like you would when you record videos with a camera!
From what I have been reading so far people have installed this application on devices such as the Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7, HTC One, as well as a few other phones/tablets! Though if your device is not in this list you could still give it a shot, long as you have fulfilled the requirements below.
What do I need to install this screen capture App?
In order to use this application you will require the following:
Your android device must be rooted.
- If you don’t know how to root your Android device I suggest you ask a friend, watch a Youtube video, or find a reputable website that has a guide on how to do it. It isn’t hard, it just requires a few minutes of your time!
You must be running at least Android 4.4 KitKat.
- Some devices at this time might not have the option to upgrade to Android 4.4 KitKat through their provider. So if you would like to upgrade to it you may need to search around Google for some tutorials to find a work around to install it manually.
How to use the KitKat Screen Capture App
- You can find a link to the KitKat Screen Capture App here from the Google Play Store.
- Download and install the application.
- Once you open up the application you will have a few different options.
- Select Folder (Here you can choose where you want to save your recording).
- Settings (You can configure the Max time to record and Bitrate for your recording).
- You can also rotate the screen.
- Once you are ready to record press Start recording and once you have captured what you want press stop recording.
- That is it, you have completed your first screen capture on your android device!
Why isn’t my Screen Capture App working?
Here are some common problems people have been reporting when using this application:
- My Application won’t run – This could be caused by your device not actually being rooted or not running Android KitKat 4.4.
- Random application crashes – This could simply just happen as this is a third party application, there are no guarantees.