First of all the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact is a great edition to the Xperia product line. If you have had this phone since release or just recently got your hands on it you made a wise choice!
You can call it a screenshot, snapshot, screen print, or whatever else. It’s all the same and following this guide will have you taking them, and verifying them in under 30 seconds.
Now lets get your Sony Xperia Z1 Compact screenshot taken!
So you now have something on your screen you want to take a screenshot of right? Follow these steps below to capture it.
- Hold down the volume down and power button at the exact same time. (This may take 1-2 seconds to complete)
- Within a second you should notice one or more of the 3 following effects:
- The screen will flash.
- Your sound will play a camera capture like sound.
- The top your screen will display the text “Saving screenshot…”.
- That’s it you have completed your Xperia Z1 Compact screenshot!
How to access your screenshot:
Now lets figure out exactly where the screenshot was saved on your Xperia. There are two different methods of doing this, here they are.
- Go to your photo gallery application and view the latest picture taken.
- Use the pull down menu for the notification bar and select the screenshot notification.
Having trouble taking your screenshot?
If you are still having some issues taking your screenshot you should try a few of the following possible fixes.
- Try rebooting your phone as a software upgrade could of made the native screenshot application crash.
- Ensure you are actually pressing the volume down and power button at the same time! (Not exactly a fix but a reminder that if you don’t time it properly it won’t work)
If you are still having trouble taking a screenshot on your Xperia Z1 Compact please post a comment below or visit our forums.