Taking a screenshot on the Sony Xperia Z2 is easy! After following this guide you’ll be taking them in no time. But why would you want to take a screenshot anyways? Well the main reason is to save some sort of information that is deemed important to you! This could be a high score in your favorite game, or some configuration settings for how you setup your phone. Really it could be anything it’s up to you. Anyways lets show you how to take a screenshot on your Xperia Z2.
Taking your Sony Xperia Z2 Screenshot
Once you have something you want to take a screenshot of move on to the steps below:
- Press and hold the volume down and power button at the exact same time.
- Once you see either a screen flash , shutter sound, or notification on the top of screen going off you’ll know that the screenshot capture process is complete and you can let go!
Image below for clarification
Accessing your screenshot
You can find the screenshot you have just taken by browsing to either of the two locations:
- Locating the gallery application (Most likely on the home screen) and opening it up to view the most recent screenshot.
- Using the pull down notification bar and selecting the screenshot.
Having issues taking a screenshot on your Xperia Z2?
Try some of these quick fixes that seem to resolve screenshot problems on the Z2.
- Reboot your Xperia Z2 as sometimes software or application updates can interfere with the native android screenshot software.
- Ensure you are indeed pressing the volume down and power button at the same time (Not exactly a fix, more of a reminder as I have seen many people do this wrong!).
If you are still having problems taking a screenshot on your Sony Xperia Z2 please post a comment below or visit our forums.